Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not Happy With The Dealership?

I thought I would get your thoughts.

I own an IS 200 Sport and since I’ve had the car I’ve only ever took it to the one Lexus dealership (I won’t mention where they’re based) and everything has been fine.

During the last 18 months or so I believe they are not giving me the customer care that one would expect especially from a Lexus dealership.

I’ll give you an example a took my car in for a 90k service very recently (it’s actually done 87k on a 99 plate, I’ve had the car for nearly 4 ½ years) and they said I would need some work done on the front ball joints so in total they said the cost would be £470.00 inc VAT etc etc, oh, and they also said that includes a 10% discount ( I love it when they give you that discount bulls**t) anyway I said that’s fine, so I decided I would pay over the telephone.

I got a call back a few moments later and the Service Manager said she has miscalculated and the cost is actually £510.00, so I said I had confirmed the cost with her just a minute a go, twice in fact just to make sure it was correct, so I ran through the figures with her again, she then said she believes there might have been a problem with the calculator? Anyway we agreed on a figure of £482.00 after she said she would apply another discount – why not give me the best price straight away???? I thought to myself!

So when I went to pick the car up not only was I little annoyed by the mistake but then I was to find they hadn’t even given my car a clean/valet, although I keep the car very clean anyway, I thought a valet or a quick leather would be standard procedure, especially when gone in for a service.

I get the impression as I drive a 99 IS 200 which is not a new generation Lexus, I believe they don’t attach that much importance to me, let’s say if I pulled up in a new generation Lexus.

I’m thinking of switching dealership.

Do you think I’m just being paranoid or do I have a valid point?

My car's not quite as old as yours being an '02' but it's still generally the oldest car about whenever mine goes in for a service, and I can't say I've ever been treated any differently to anyone else.

In many ways they'd want to try harder to retain the customers with older cars than newer ones as on average, income from them should be higher with more parts needing replacing, and also it's easier to coax them into a new car than someone who's just bought a new one!

I've always had impeccable service, and I didn't even buy the car from that dealership in the first place........so if you're not happy, and you have another dealership nearby, just switch over to them.......

I have a 2000x and I had massive problems getting the service history from the non lexus dealer that I bought the car off, so I went to lexus bolton for help and they were brilliant

Competition is fierce with dealerships. They like loyal customers so if you're not happy, suggest you will take your business elsewhere and mention that you'll advise people on here to do so too. They should bend over backwards to kiss your posterior to make you stay with them. If not, do what you told them you would.

My car's not quite as old as yours being an '02' but it's still generally the oldest car about whenever mine goes in for a service, and I can't say I've ever been treated any differently to anyone else.

In many ways they'd want to try harder to retain the customers with older cars than newer ones as on average, income from them should be higher with more parts needing replacing, and also it's easier to coax them into a new car than someone who's just bought a new one!

I've always had impeccable service, and I didn't even buy the car from that dealership in the first place........so if you're not happy, and you have another dealership nearby, just switch over to them.......

I completely agree Parthiban. All 4 of our Lexii are old shapes and on average arent worth more than £10k each,however we still get treated very well by all our dealers and still get invites to get services done at various dealers,specially stating they would like to service our old IS and RX cars,infact weve had specific flyers sent with pics of IS200s-so they do value the business.Youre right they can maximise profit on customers that use old cars-cos there is technically more screwed items on them.I think it may be individual service depts also that dont give the customers the feeling of being concerned about them-try a bmw dealer-you could buy a brand new £60k car and they still treat you like crap.Lexus are a quality company so dont let certain dealers attitudes upset you because there is always going to be a dealer out there that really values your custom.

I have used Coventry and Leicester Lexus and the service has been outstanding. I cannot fault them they look after me and my 11 year old car with 140k on clock

Coventry wash,dry,vac even when the car went in for a check. Leicester washed and vac but didn't dry. Part of the service if you have a good relationship with a good dealer.

I took mine into Croydon to have all 4 wheels rebalanced, after Milton Keynes had them refinished but badly balanced. They did it willingly and offered to wash the whole car afterwards - I declined as I was in a rush, but they offered anyway even though it wasn't a car they'd sold and the work being done was for free.

So yes, I'd say they should have done it. Maybe not a full blown valet, but certainly a wash and dry, vacuum carpets, and run a duster over the interior.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 2000x and I had massive problems getting the service history from the non lexus dealer that I bought the car off, so I went to lexus bolton for help and they were brilliant
:

You got to go to lexus bolton took my rx300 in for last service under the three years warranty. when i picked it up they had changed all the alloys they said showing signs of pitting i had not noticed.

every visit to them is a pleasure. at my age had a lot of motors been to lots of garages but none as good as these guys.

:

You got to go to lexus bolton took my rx300 in for last service under the three years warranty. when i picked it up they had changed all the alloys they said showing signs of pitting i had not noticed.

every visit to them is a pleasure. at my age had a lot of motors been to lots of garages but none as good as these guys.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links