Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

80gb Ps3

Parthiban

I've read in many places that the original 60GB PS3 is dual voltage but can't find any references to the newer 80GB one - I want to pick one up in the USA as they're so much cheaper but want to be sure whether I can just plug it straight into the mains or will I need to get a step down transformer to use it in the UK.

Has anyone bought one of these US ones already and has it working fine over here?

Well I've now got it back in the UK and it works perfectly - it is dual voltage after all.......despite having read it, was still a bit scary plugging it into our 240V mains for the first time!

As far as region coding goes, it seems a bit weird. The games are coded to region 1, but all the movies I bought are region free. Not sure if this will always be the case, but does seem at the moment that bluray movies are not region coded.

I've also read that the US PS3 is multiregion for games (unlike the UK one which is region locked) but I've yet to confirm this......I'll borrow a game off a mate and see if it works - will report back when I find out!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links