Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Service Do I Need!?

Car is coming up to next service in 1 month. Problem is this. First owner had car a got it serviced after 1 year at 5500 miles. Then sold car after a couple of months or so. When I bought car about 5 months later the dealer did a 20,000 mile service as part of the deal (dunno why not just another 10k!?). Book is stamped at that.

Anyway, now its got 15k on it and needs next service. Do I go for 20k or 30k? To confuse the matter, when I called the Lexus garage who I got it from to get price, I asked them what they had down for the last service and currently they say 10k! I mentioned about the 20k service and she said she'd check with the sales manager who I dealt with as to what the last one was.

Now typically, where dealers are concerned (esp. this one) I am a doubtful person. I have not heard back from them yet, but surely they should have all the details on computer. If he says the last one was 20K then why was it not down as that, and also, is there any way of confirming their story?

Thats the bible over pretty much! Does anyone know the difference between 20K and 30K (i.e. what they do and don't do).

Sorry for a serious one so early an all!!

yeah, basically car was first registered Jan 01, I bought it April last year, so its coming up to its 1 year.

I would rather the 30k as you say, its cheaper. But then if 20k hasn't been done and I miss it, does it mean that things that should have been changed that will now go 2 years rather than the 1 before replacement?

Bit of an update (seeing a Lexus cust. service is on the decline anyway).

After waiting nearly a week for them to "call me back" I called them. Was basically told that the car had had a 10k service.

What? I asked. I was told it would be a 20k. "Oh, errr, I shall speak to the sales guy again and get him to call you."

I wait with baited breath!! :ohmy:

So, whats the chance of getting a free service out of them, do I really want them to do it? The least I want is the difference between the cost of a 10k and 20k.

Why can't Lexus sort themselves out, lately they have really gone down hill?

:angry: id say they never bothered to do the 20,000 mile service when they sold the car to you....otherwise there would be a record of it....

"hello sir, you wish to buy this car......ok ......we will throw in a 20,000 mile service"

"ok then mr dealer i'll buy it"

"consider it done" ......snigger .....snigger

id get the dealer to prove they did the service, if they cannot explain that the 20,000 was part of the deal of you buying it, and theres no evidence its been done.......id seriously push the dealer on this, looks like hes slightly conned you

If you have the book stamped as a 20k service then that is your proof as far as you are concerned, even though this may not have taken place. (Which they have now admitted.)

I would ask for a 20k service to be performed, at the price of a 30k. You have it in writing that a 20k was done.

You will never know which one they do though, even if they agree to it. I've lost faith in a few dealers anyway....

the book is stamped 20k. If they wanted to do a 10k again, then they could have written next to it saying so.

Once its decided what they will do, I shall post a dealer review. Their lack of phoning does not hold me in much hope!

Ok then, just rang them again, turns out that last one was a 20k service.

Yesturday when she said it was 10k, she got it wrong! Reason it wasn't down on computer is that last year, not long after I bought car, they had a computer problem which lost some of the recent entries. Had to check back with sales guy I dealt with who said it was 20k - yeah right, how do I know hes not telling porkies?

When she said yesturday she had spoken to him and told me 10k, she had made a mistake, should have said 20k!!

What crap - how unprofessional is that eh!? Man am getting mad as type.

A letter will be sent off to Lexus GB and a dealer review posted Monday (allows me to calm down a bit). Expect a long review! Hope Lexus Brighton read this, you have lost out on my money.

:angry::angry: :megaangry: :megaangry: :megaangry: :angry::angry:

Sorry to hear of your experience.

This is NOT the behaviour you expect from a Lexus dealership. Lexus have built up a reputation for excellent customer service and incidents like this can only lead to disatifaction, the salesman surely must have known that this would come back and bite him.

Maybe a call to Lexus GB would speed things up for you.

Let the dealer know that your a member of LOC and if it's not

rectified you'll post all your dealings with them on the site as

you know there are customers in brighton who are members

and it wont look good for them(insist on free service)out of

goodwill thats the least they could do,i would'nt budge an inch?

it's not good enough LEXUS sort it out :angry:

Pete :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links