Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Of Mk1 Gs300 Standard Sport Alloys

Keith Bowler

I have recently upgraded my standard Mk1 GS300 to sport spec and had difficulty tightening the wheel nuts on the standard sport alloys(unfortunately without the 100 wide rears though).

Is there a special tool for doing up the wheelnuts as the brace for the standard 16" alloys does not fit into the hole in the wheel that takes the nuts.

I am using new nuts supplied with the new wheel centre covers I bought.

Any help advice appreciated.

Keith

Keith,

The wheel nuts are different as you have discovered, be aware also that the locking wheel nuts need to be replaced as well as they will have the wrong profile.

I have been to Halfords and bought a second wheel brace for mine.

Hi lexussport

What brace did you buy.

I have the one from Halfords that takes varying size sockets but the socket does not fit completely over the nut as there is very little space between the nut and the wall of the wheel nut hole in the wheel.

I bought two sets of Halfords locking wheel nuts which tighten ok as you have the key and am considering buying a further three sets to ensure tht I can properly tighten the wheel nuts.

Seems safer to spend a further £50 on wheelnuts rather than damaging a £250 wheel.

What do you reckon?

Keith

19mm if using original nuts

21 mm if using correct size nuts

this i know because i have just recieved a new rear 18x10 and it came with new nuts

now i have to carry two different size wheelbraces

well one 1/2 drive bar and two sockets

Hi All

Well I have tried various wheel braces and sockets etc and none fit.

I then tried Lexus Bromley and spoke to their parts dept and it appears that Lexus do a spider type brace especially for the sport wheels fitted to the Mk1 GS300's for £4.50+VAT!!!!. More likely £45 +VAT any way they have ordered one for me and I will post a reply if it solves the problem.

Keith

When i first bought my sport i found a spider type wheel brace in the boot and thought it had been left by the previous owner so i chucked it in the garage :( .looks like i need to find it again.Sounds like your problem is solved as i can 't see any other reason for the thing to be in my boot as i bought from a main dealer and i would imagine they would have taken it out if it served no purpose.

• 4 weeks later...
19mm if using original nuts

21 mm if using correct size nuts

this i know because i have just recieved a new rear 18x10 and it came with new nuts

now i have to carry two different size wheelbraces

well one 1/2 drive bar and two sockets

alright lads, can you still buy Mk 1 Sport alloys? ~If so pls help as im having trouble. Any help on reconditioning rims london area. Thank you. :yawn:

Hi,

I have a set of GS mark one alloys with tyres for sale.

2 x fronts bought brand new last May from Lexus fitted with Toyo TS 1 (tyres have only done 3000 miles and cost £300 the wheels cost £450)

2 x 10 inch rears (secondhand but in good condition) fitted with Toyo TS 1's again these have done about 15k miles and look to have about 4mm on.

One spare front wheel in very good condition fitted with a 4mm tyre

One spare front wheel in very good condition rim without tyre.

Complete with nuts, locking wheel nuts and centers.

These came off my GS 430 which I have just sold.

As they are in excellent condtion with good tyres I am looking for offers over £1,100.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links