Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Devon Newbie Here Trying To Buy My First Lexus

R1Lee

Hi Guys & Gals

After years of owning normal cars, mostly Seats & VWs, I've decided to treat myself to a quality motor.

Tried the usual German cars and was not impressed at all and then stumbled into my local Lexus dealer and drove a IS300 Sportcross and a IS200 saloon. Wow. To say I was impressed with everything about the car would be a understatement.

Finally decided to buy a 200 saloon as the 300 will just be too thirsty for me. Went back to the dealer to buy the car and it was sold. :tsktsk: He's found me another one though so just trying to complete a deal this afternoon.

Can I just say how helpful all the info on the site has been. It all makes great reading.

Thanks

Lee

I have GS300 and have loved it for nearly 6 years.from previous cars Ihave always found bigger engine in same body=better MPG as engine is pulling same body on more power.300 should be similar or better mpg depending on how you use the extra power.Must say I have test driven IS 300 and thought my old gs300 sport was far better.

I have GS300 and have loved it for nearly 6 years.from previous cars Ihave always found bigger engine in same body=better MPG as engine is pulling same body on more power.300 should be similar or better mpg depending on how you use the extra power.Must say I have test driven IS 300 and thought my old gs300 sport was far better.

Yeah I was very tempted with the 300. After reading on here it would seem the 200 will only do 20ish mpg and the 300 is probably hardly any worse but 90% of our driving is town driving so decided against the 300.

Was also much harder to find a nice 300 in my price range in the Lexus network. I want a mint car so would rather have a nice 200 than a slightly ropey 300.

Tried the usual German cars and was not impressed at all and then stumbled into my local Lexus dealer and drove a IS300 Sportcross and a IS200 saloon. Wow. To say I was impressed with everything about the car would be a understatement.

Finally decided to buy a 200 saloon

Hi, Lee and welcome to LOC. I did exactly as you did, driving lots of German stuff and then found Lexus. Also like you I drove a 200 (well, several actually) and a 300 SportCross, but I chose the 300. Lexus ownerhsip is a real pleasure, so hopefully you'll get your car soon.

Welcome to the LOC mate sorry to hear about the IS being sold when you went back but at least they have found you another.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy the motor and hopefully have many years motoring.

Ah yes I was gutted when I went back to complete the deal and the car was sitting there with sold on it but the car the dealer has since found is a better colour in my opinion, silver, and less miles so it's all good hopefully. All he needs to do is offer me a decent part exchange price and we are there.

Well still havent got my Lexus.

Dealer said he would ring me Monday afternoon and I'm still waiting for a phone call. Seems he doesnt want to sell me a car. Not impressed at all.

If this is what it's like when I'm trying to buy a car imagine how bad the service would be if I had a problem.

That's not typical of Lexus customer service. Have you tried calling them? Perhaps there's a simple explanation - maybe your salesman has the flu and is off poorly. Anyway, hope it's all sorted soon.

That's not typical of Lexus customer service. Have you tried calling them? Perhaps there's a simple explanation - maybe your salesman has the flu and is off poorly. Anyway, hope it's all sorted soon.

No I'm sure that's not how it usually is but I've had to do all the chasing for this deal and it's not what I expected.

I also looked at Audi & BMW cars and although the cars were not as impressive the service from the dealers was first class.

Guest inicol63

No I'm sure that's not how it usually is but I've had to do all the chasing for this deal and it's not what I expected.

I also looked at Audi & BMW cars and although the cars were not as impressive the service from the dealers was first class.

Hi and a big welcome to LOC.

Have you thought about looking at the vehicles in LOC for sale as these are some of the nicer Lexus without the dealers mark up.

What is the model is that you want ?

Good luck with your search.

Ian

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links