Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 220d - Have You Had A Decoke Yet

Still not on www, here by my typing:

Page 52 headed "Toyota acts over drink problem" ( first bit is about Toyota then )

Luxury offshoot Lexus also appears to be suffering,as some 2.2-litre diesel models have been forced to have their cylinder heads de-coked after as few as 20,000 miles.

The manufacturer reckons the problem is specific to the driving conditions in this country. It says they affect what is known as the engine's 'fifth injector', which controls the vehicle's emissons. Apparently, only a handful of cars have developed difficulties so far.

Apparently, only a handful of cars have developed difficulties so far.

how i laughed at that one! i thought everyone with a 220d had the 5th injector replaced.

Mines had the 5th injector replaced, shortly due a 30k service. i wonder if i should ask for the engone to be decoked.

how i laughed at that one! i thought everyone with a 220d had the 5th injector replaced.

Mines had the 5th injector replaced, shortly due a 30k service. i wonder if i should ask for the engone to be decoked.

Not Everyone. Mine hasn't had the fifth injector replaced. I have just had my 60K Km service - so I have plenty of km up.

Rattles not an issue for me. Consumption around 37-39mpg about 50/50 urban-long distance. I am happy enough with that.

I had problems with brakes at 45K Km - sorted quickly under warranty, and the egr valve had to be replaced - again dealt with quickly under warranty. So far I have been very happy with my dealings with the Lexus dealership.

The car seems to be holding its value very well. The salesman was trying to get me to change recently and I was pleasantly surprised by the trade in value.

Maybe its time for some of the many satisfied customers to speak up a little.

I too am very happy with mine, 40+mpg, 22000 miles. Great car.

The problem is your more likely to find dissatisfied customers posting on forums. Of the many 1000's of diesels sold in the UK, I bet only a small percentage have issues.

Still not on www, here by my typing:

Page 52 headed "Toyota acts over drink problem" ( first bit is about Toyota then )

Luxury offshoot Lexus also appears to be suffering,as some 2.2-litre diesel models have been forced to have their cylinder heads de-coked after as few as 20,000 miles.

The manufacturer reckons the problem is specific to the driving conditions in this country. It says they affect what is known as the engine's 'fifth injector', which controls the vehicle's emissons. Apparently, only a handful of cars have developed difficulties so far.

Found this link on toyota owners club website!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...ngine_woes.html

Not Everyone. Mine hasn't had the fifth injector replaced. I have just had my 60K Km service - so I have plenty of km up.

Rattles not an issue for me. Consumption around 37-39mpg about 50/50 urban-long distance. I am happy enough with that.

I had problems with brakes at 45K Km - sorted quickly under warranty, and the egr valve had to be replaced - again dealt with quickly under warranty. So far I have been very happy with my dealings with the Lexus dealership.

The car seems to be holding its value very well. The salesman was trying to get me to change recently and I was pleasantly surprised by the trade in value.

Maybe its time for some of the many satisfied customers to speak up a little.

what was wrong with the brakes?

When I see problems with injectors and some high consumption problems I think this applies only for GB cars. Guys from Ireland don't have these problems, I think.

what is the overall diesel quality in GB? Remember, that IS need low sulphur diesel.

Have you guys tried something like premium diesel? (shell v-power diesel...)

what was wrong with the brakes?

They had seized and they needed to be replaced. They were saying they could have failed at any time. They picked it up at the 45k km service. The guys I dealt with said they had not seen this problem before. I didn't go into too much detail.

When I see problems with injectors and some high consumption problems I think this applies only for GB cars. Guys from Ireland don't have these problems, I think.

what is the overall diesel quality in GB? Remember, that IS need low sulphur diesel.

Only trouble is Matus, you need a bank loan to constantly keep using V-Power diesel due to the stupid amount it costs over here. I agree, the car runs better with the more 'premium' brands of diesel but the price of it has gone so high now that I for one cant justify the additional cost when filling up.

So maybe really GB has a problem with "standard" diesel.

Here I see no difference when using standard or premium diesel. No power difference, no noise difference, no consumption difference.

I saw Diesel at £1.159 the other day. That was regular stuff. The better stuff was....gulp....£1.199 p/litre

Pheew! The price is about the same here in Finland. In euros, that is...

No wonder some of you guys seem so agitated on the poor mileage! If I were only getting around 30 MPG and would have to pay that much for the fuel... Well, I'd be broke!

Matus - I do recall that Ireland has a lot of A type roads with 50mph speed limits, so they really should be gtting 60+mpg in a diesel :shutit:

I tried Total Excellium a few times, and it was better. the car was smoother and the most of the 6th gear vibrations disappeared, but it is so expensive now that I have started to use the cheapest fuel I can find. That normally means supermarket fuels. It goes against my beliefs, but fuel cost really is becoming extortionate in the UK and the benefits of the better fuels is negated purely by cost, especially when you only gt 22-24mpg in town which is what I have been getting in mine.

what is the quality of the supermarket diesel? Do you have any government tests there?

Because one thing is increased consumption because of ****ty diesel, but what about injectors? Injectors are very sensitive on the fuel quality and they are very expensive to change.

what is the quality of the supermarket diesel? Do you have any government tests there?

Because one thing is increased consumption because of ****ty diesel, but what about injectors? Injectors are very sensitive on the fuel quality and they are very expensive to change.

Matus - that has alays been my fear. Especially as the 5th injector clogging issue is a big one, so I really should be safe.

However, there is no evidence at all that the fuel is of any inferior quality, other than an incident a few months back where excess silicone (I think) was found in some supermarket fuels which caused the Oxy sensors to die on thousands of petrol cars over a few days. Diesels were all OK as they can may be run on cooking oil!!

A white unmarked tanker pulled in to our local suprmarkt station last week as I filled up - the tanker was all white, but there was one small BP sign on the tractor unit.

I did read something somewhere which stated that Supermarkets will buy the cheapest fuel possible, but I don't know of any tests.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links