Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Youth Of Today

Rikos

If you'd have witnessed what went on in school pal (and I went to a pretty decent one) you'd begin to understand why I say this.

In addition to this, when I left school, I went to work in a secondary & sixth form college and I have to say, they never matured any. They became progressively worse.

Physical violence in schools is "common place" for pupils now and the abuse the staff receive is unbelieveable. It was crazy to see things from another perspective and on "the other side".

I don't work in the Education sector anymore, but not through this - just career progression ;)

Jamie

Weak parents = out of control kids

It explains why we have so many of these "reality" shows trying to educate poor parents into controlling their kids.

I was disciplined as a kid, if it wasn't the remote control, it was the slipper or the broom, but i thank them for it, it taught me to respect my elders, something I'm proud of, and often, as a result, the people you respect, respect you back!

Im almost 24 [birthday on the 1st :) ] and even I can say "back in my day.....", its a sad fact the number of troublesome youths, but its simply part of todays society, what we need to do is work out how to fix it for tomorrows society

I like the idea of National Service, I also like the idea of bringing back punishment to kids at home and school! Thats my vote!

The reason that people replying are in their twenty's is that we normally get geouped in as the youth of today and so we need to show people that not everyone is the same!

Saying that ...... i think the fact we drive a lexus helps remove our selves from the 'chav' genre

The reason that people replying are in their twenty's is that we normally get geouped in as the youth of today and so we need to show people that not everyone is the same!

I agree, we're the closest ones to the current chav generation and therefore we are more likely to be thought of as 'the youth of today'. I think it will be more prominent in another 5 or 10 years - I reckon the current batch of chavs are 14-18 give or take and when they're in their early-mid twenties, it'll be far easier to put all youngsters as 'the youth of today'. I know I haven't put that very well, I know what I'm trying to say but can't think how best to word it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links