Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speaker Cables

Does anyone know what path the stereo cables follow throughout the IS200 from the stereo to the rear speakers, the tweeters amd the door speakers.

Also how are the speaker cables attached to the stereo, is it in the rear by way of clamps or are they more permanent (soldered) ?

How do you remove the stereo ?

I will be buying new professional (low low impedance, big dimension, expensive, gold plated) stereo cables and want to upgrade the exisiting cables. Hope to lose less juice from the system. I have calculated that the system can be made to sound much better than it already is with this improvment. :hocus-pokus: :hocus-pokus:

Does anyone have experience of reeling in the old ones and laying out new ones ?

Would appreciate the help.

Thanks !

As said above, the standard lexus cabling is already over spec'd for what they are driving. if you intend to change the speakers fro CONSIDERABLY higher power, and a suitable amp to run them, then it would be beneficial to change the cables. The routing then would not matter, as the amp would be in a different place anyway. The standard lexus amp is (i take it this is an IS200) is behind the lefthand side of the glovebox. To remove the radio, you need to pop the top half of the centre dash off, using a trim tool. Then pull the heated seat switch panel below the radio out, and behind that are 2 8mm bolts. On top of the heater controls under the centre panel u removed will be another 2 bolts. With all that undone, the heatercontrols and radio will come out on a "rack". Will host pics if you need to see them.

If you want a vast improvement on your sound, you need to fit an aftermarket radio, or amplifier. Changing the speaker cables will not achieve any great result.

Thanks guys ! Thats all nice and dandy.

The original cables look really thin, how could they ever be over-dimensioned ?? :sleeping:

Not repalcing cables is like watching TV through the key hole ! :ph34r:

Some more q:s.

Is there a separate amp actually ? (any diff between the Premium

Sound System 8 spkr and the 6 spkr stanard ? )

I know the 8 spkr is 240 W what is the standard system ?

Can the amp be upgraded (is there any compatability problems)

with the stereo ?

Putting in thicker cables isn't going to give you any more power I'm afraid. As the cabling can easily carry the output from the amp, it can't deliver more power just because there's a wider path. The cables don't look too thin to me and I've been in the game a long time.

Strictly speaking, yes I agree that different cabling can make a difference and it isn't solely down to power handling, but the difference usually isn't detectable by the human ear. (It's actually hard to meter, even with expensive test equipment.)

As the others have said, if you are swapping the amp then it's worthwhile.

We aren't trying to prove you wrong here mate - we're just trying to save you a job if it's not worth it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links