Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Comments Needed

Hi All,

I usually hang-out at the LS430 forum, but need some help from the friends in the IS forum. I am considering buying my wife a Sportscross and need some advice, help and comments.

The car needs to have ISOFIX for child seat (hence needing to buy a new car) and enough space for strollers and all the other accories one has to have when a new child comes in to your life.

Want an auto with low miles, something like this.

Please comment on what you can gleam from this car and offer you opinion. Will view this on Tuesday.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?f...mp;carID=808436

Looking forward to hearing from you and thanks for your help.

Hi

Two observations

(a) the money is too big for this car. Its value is closer to EUR 10K than EUR 15K. Its a 2001 model, has a 2.0 litre engine which is expensive to tax in Ireland, and this money would buy you an 06 car (but not a lexus).

(B) the name of the company suggests that the car was a japanese import and not originally supplied and serviced by a lexus dealer in Ireland. This should drop the money further

Questions:

Does it have a full service history from new?

Has it all of its MOT certificates, including the current one?

Is there any kind of guarantee?

The car has ISOFIX and the boot will easily swallow buggies etc. Its no harder to park in Tescos or Dunnes compared to others. Its a little heavy on the juice for town driving, but what lexus is not?! The auto is easy to drive in the city though. Its the same as the IS-200, so if the paperwork is OK and mileage genuine, it will last forever. Its also a good looking car.

If you can satisfy yourself that the mileage/condition is OK, and that it has had its 40K major service recently (including new tyres/brakepads - these wear first!), then offer a max of eur 12K with a 6 month warranty and you will have an excellent car. My 4 year old was almost born in the back of a lexus is-200 (not the sportscross) and it was a very easy car to live with with a newborn - very smooth and stable on the road, comfortable for any adult who sits in the back bext to baby on long journeys, and most important, if you were to have an accident in the mad traffic/driving in Dublin, this is the car that will protect better than most

Good luck

Hi All,

I usually hang-out at the LS430 forum, but need some help from the friends in the IS forum. I am considering buying my wife a Sportscross and need some advice, help and comments.

The car needs to have ISOFIX for child seat (hence needing to buy a new car) and enough space for strollers and all the other accories one has to have when a new child comes in to your life.

Want an auto with low miles, something like this.

Please comment on what you can gleam from this car and offer you opinion. Will view this on Tuesday.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?f...mp;carID=808436

Looking forward to hearing from you and thanks for your help.

Thanks for the great advice. Thought it was over-priced. Was going to shout 9k + a 1999 Fiat Punto in good knick.

We'll see if that car is genuine though.

Know a bit about Lexus, am on my third LS now and love them.

Am torn between a Turbo Subaru Forester or this Lexus. Both hard to find in an Auto in Ireland.

Thanks for the great advice. Thought it was over-priced. Was going to shout 9k + a 1999 Fiat Punto in good knick.

We'll see if that car is genuine though.

Know a bit about Lexus, am on my third LS now and love them.

Am torn between a Turbo Subaru Forester or this Lexus. Both hard to find in an Auto in Ireland.

unfortunately cars cost more in Ireland compared to most other EU countries because of the stupid Vehicle Registration Tax. You can get a 2002 one for similar money

Carzone link

Alternatively you could look for an Altezza Gita which is the import version of the sportcross, Remember the tax on a 3 litre will be 1500 a year!! :crybaby:

Trying to keep costs down, so will be looking for the IS200's and staying away from the 3l, otherwise I'd be looking at an RX.

That car is an import, in the picture it looks like there is no reg on it and it has the extra rain shutters on the windows, aswell as the name of the company is jap-import...

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links