Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's It Worth

I am selling my IS200 SE 51 plate with 19000 miles, having no luck at £16,395, is it over priced, what is the market like out there at present? It is in mint condition (no hole in the middle!) with full tints, sport grille and spolier and new standard alloys? Any Ideas. Thanks

Local dealer here is offering a 2001/51 Sport with 20K on the clock for £17,495 so what your asking seems a fair price. :)

As jon says, getting private buyers to part with that sort of cash is always tricky. For that sort of money they want the security of buying from a dealer :(

What do you get from a dealer?

I ask this as although you get a bit more legal protection...you can still do everything and more to be sure the car is what you want.

ie....

Get an RAC/AA check done 160

(sounds a lot but well worth the money as it is also insured and the top check is way better than the basic check most garages do)

Check the history, if need be call the garage and ask details.

Is vehicle still under warantee.

I bought private, saved about 1500 on the going lexus garage rate. (also did all of the above, and was happy with the deal i got)

I also went round a few lexus places looking and at one i saw them resprying an area of a lexus round the back.....kinda made me wonder what you DO get for the extra dosh?

At the end of the day, if there is something you dont like...walk away and look for another.

Agreed that for a lot of people finding 16k is not easy, but the dealer would want at least 17k and mine still has 18 months warranty so the extra benefit from the dealer is.....a valet ? Saying that my dealer is excellent

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links