Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Retrofitting Traction Control

Hi, I was thinking of arranging to fit a Traction Control System to my LS400 and wondered if I could fit the TRC control module from another car if I can get one.

Has anyone out there done this? If so is it just bolt on the and connect up controller with the existing sensing and actuating systems for the ESP and ABS doing the work on the wheels? (And the not small matters of the TRC switch into the centre console.....) and the LED into the instrument panel......

.... or is there more (eg complete software changes) and therefore forget it unless you buy a car with these already fitted?

Any advice welcome.

Rab

In my opinion, unless there is a very good reason for doing so I would leave well alone. It's bound to be far more complicated than first thought, could cause you problems when you want to sell on and takes you down a path of what is classed as a modification from an insurance perspective.

Series IVs are going for peanuts now and the prices are heading south all the time. If it was me, I'd invest the money in a newer one which will have all the bits on it straight from the factory.

Buy a Celsior it's standard fit on those :whistling:

It's would not be an easy job as not only does TRAC control the braking/ABS circuits it also controls the throttle to adjust the engine power so has 2 throttle butterflies on the housing ( see link) plus I believe the nitrogen cylinder/accutator.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/b...or/3f19481c.jpg

Hi, I was thinking of arranging to fit a Traction Control System to my LS400 and wondered if I could fit the TRC control module from another car if I can get one.

Has anyone out there done this? If so is it just bolt on the and connect up controller with the existing sensing and actuating systems for the ESP and ABS doing the work on the wheels? (And the not small matters of the TRC switch into the centre console.....) and the LED into the instrument panel......

.... or is there more (eg complete software changes) and therefore forget it unless you buy a car with these already fitted?

Any advice welcome.

Rab

:) Thanks for all the input. Sound advice on all counts. Will leave the Lexus unadulterated for the moment and if finances permit may look (sniff) :crybaby: for a series IV ideally Celsior end this year. I'm not sure I can divorce from the series 3 yet. Obsession is a difficult mistress.

Maneesh and Microcat, thanks for the info on Racelogic...... tempting and will look at if I don't change steeds.

Ta muchly Rab

Oh Dear

You know how sometimes you get this word or phrase in your head (or even an ad slogan) and you can't stop repeating it to yourself?

Well, I can't stop saying "RABNOOLAS".

I hope it wears off soon.

Oh Dear

You know how sometimes you get this word or phrase in your head (or even an ad slogan) and you can't stop repeating it to yourself?

Well, I can't stop saying "RABNOOLAS".

I hope it wears off soon.

Sorry Jellybean. I hope you are clear of it now. To help dispel the effect,

If you go to an old fashioned pub with the names of the bars painted or engraved on the windows, go to the saloon bar and look outwards you may realise where the name comes from.

;)

Cheers Rab

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links