Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Neighbour

WylieCoyote

There is a legal limit as to what size and weight of commercial vehicle you can park in residential streets.

Check with your local police station.

Just found this.....

Lorry parking

HGV lorries of unladen weight of 5 tonnes or more are prohibited from parking within residential areas overnight between the hours of 8pm and 7am (Monday to Friday) or at any time on Saturdays and Sundays.

So check with your local council

ou should also check what sort of "Liquid" he is carrying on this "Tanker" If it is a flameable substance he will definitely not be able to park in residential areas. It should be CLEARLY marked on the rear of the vehicle what he is carrying.

All of this can obviously be done annonomously if you don't want to face your neighbour.

Personally from what you have described him as, he would already have found golf balls in his tank before now!

Hehe, good thinking matey but when I say oil tanker, I mean some kind of Nissan pick up truck not an actual tanker. It only weighs more than 5 tonnes when he's sitting in it.

The only thing he'd have to carry on the back is a sign saying 'Warning, 25 tonne bald grumpy old man in transit'

Pmsl

i'd be tempted to buy a right old banga of a van or somthing large, park it outside his drive and then deflate all the tyres.

enough day dreaming...

i think you should keep a record everytime he has words with you. build up a case, you never know when you might need it. also whenever he comes out to tell you to move the cars take pictures of the road and cars.

when he asks why are you taking pictures just reply "for the court case"

Worth considering:

Most councils and house leases forbid the use of the house as a business.

I used to work in haulage & still have a Certificate of Professional Competency for road haulage, so I know that parking a commercial vehicle on his drive requires official permission of one form or another.

So, most likely, he's parking illegally.

You have every right to complain to the Council or Dept of Transport about his actions.

So, he's on dodgy ground.

How you use that is up to you.

You could casually ask him who is his CPC holder (every haulage operator must have a CPC-qualified person) and say that if you get any more hassle you can sort it all out with latter and the DfT (+ council) etc;

Either way, it sounds as if he's a right prat.

Good luck,

Ian

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links