Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Neighbour

WylieCoyote

Sorry about this but my neighbour, who we call Meldrew, across the street has ****** me off. He owns some big oil tanker of a pick up truck thingy and for the past 4 years he's been compaining about how when we have visitors, or indeed us that live here they park in front of our house. He reckons he can't get his tanker off the drive - although that's clearly ******** because he can. Whenever anyone would pull up outside, he'd be out of his house like a shot asking them to move, then he'd get his tanker out and drive round the block and come back, just for the sake of creating a fuss. Anyway, we've always been really careful about where we park and sometimes we have to get 5 cars to the house and we can only get 1 in the garage and 3 on the drive which inevitably leaves one on he road. He'd come knocking the door at any time of day or night asking us to move the car, even though it was in no way impeding his drive.

Anyway, that's by the by. He came round a couple of days ago when my brother in law came to drop something off, as usual within a second of him pulling up he was out asking to move the car, and by brother in law told him no, he had plenty of room and Meldrew said to him that he watches us day and night and he's sick of our family and our constant efforts to block him in. I mean nothing can be further from the truth, we're always careful about where we park. Anyway, what he's started doing now, he gets up at some stupid hour in the morning to get his tanker off his drive and park it opposite our drive - just to make it more difficult for us to get off - although it doesn't make any difference - it only makes it more tricky for our next door neighbours!

I can't decide whether he's just a first class ****, a grumpy old git or actually a very sad little (well, rather fat and large) man with a very sad life. Maybe all three. How petty is that and how sad that his business is obviously doing so well he can sit at home watching what we're doing. I think I might start walking around in the front bedroom stark ******* naked just to give him somethig to watch, I'm probably not a pretty sight naked!

Sorry for the rant, but he's wound by up.

Sounds like a complete tool to me and theres always one in every town.

Maybe a sit down chat about his problems with you parking and an agreed area to park would stop him constantly winging. Does he come out with binoculars on and pretend he was bird watching? :shifty:

Sounds like a complete tool to me and theres always one in every town.

Maybe a sit down chat about his problems with you parking and an agreed area to park would stop him constantly winging. Does he come out with binoculars on and pretend he was bird watching? :shifty:

Tried that one months ago - we said that we'd park a few metres further down, he said that would be fine. We did and still do - well not since the other day, and now he's being a ****** again.

No he just comes out and stands in his gateway watching when we drive off. I feel most honoured at having a leaving committee - I feel like Victoria Beckham - only without the money, or the butlers, or the nice hair, but hey I have the jugs for it!!!

My neighbour is a bit like yours, she (well her husband) doesn't like any visitors to my house to park in front of their house- my neighbours husband is the suspecting type- he thinks she (his wife) invites men over when he is out- she told me herself...

btw- do you live on a new built housing estate- I do, problem with newly built houses is that there is not enough parking, the builders (Belway Homes in our case) assume one household only has one car, therefore only build one driveway to a house, which you can barely park a small hatchback (Corsa etc) on.

Glad I got that off my chest...Thanks for bringing this topic up mate.

I have a friend who has a friend that knows this guy that once worked with a guy that was going out with a girl whos dad played football with this lad who lived with this bloke that knows a man who may be able to help you.

They call him the hitman but i think thats just a nickname ........ or was it his work title! Anyway i'll get his number for you that should solve your problems.

Lacking trust, never a good sign!

No mate, we live in an old house with a big drive but I know what you mean about small drives - I guess trying to get everyone to downsize cars!!!

Sorry Rik, I went cross eyed after the first 7 words, what was it you said?!!!!

Well i know this bloke that works with a guy that lives with a girl whos mum goes weight watchers with this bloke who used to play chess with a lad that was married to a woman that may be able to help you. I think thats what i said?

His number is 9687 2 3323 626 (translate that to words from your phone)

You should never feel bothered about you you do in or around your own home.

Consideration yes. Not to the point of feeling under duress though. He is effectively harassing you and might be worth making a note of it all. You have a good starting point by this public record.

He mustn't have a very good life if it bothers him to this extent.

I think we should all have a meet at your house. Imagine all those cars? I'll quite happily move if he asks nicely.

We come every day for a week. Set him off work with a stress induced illness so he loses the business and then has to sell the house and live under a bridge.....

You should never feel bothered about you you do in or around your own home.

Consideration yes. Not to the point of feeling under duress though. He is effectively harassing you and might be worth making a note of it all. You have a good starting point by this public record.

He mustn't have a very good life if it bothers him to this extent.

I think we should all have a meet at your house. Imagine all those cars? I'll quite happily move if he asks nicely.

We come every day for a week. Set him off work with a stress induced illness so he loses the business and then has to sell the house and live under a bridge.....

You're on. A fleet of Lexi outside his house would put him into heart failure or Lexus induced-stress. Imagine if someone came to my department at work saying they were under stress 'All those Lexus's (ordinaries don't understand the Lexi principle!), they just wouldn't move, blocking my drive' I'd section him straight away!!!

Sorry but I'd just have a 'friend' pay him a visit whilst I was working miles away..

but hey that's just me.

I don't mind if I am doing something wrong but he just sounds like a proper :tsktsk:

I am actually quite tollerant, but after a while my patience wears thin. I have a problem

at the moment opposite me with new Houses being contructed. Everytime I wash the car

within a day the car is covered with a dusting off sand & other crud blown off the site.....

It won't take too much more for me to do something cos I am getting :tsktsk: off

Rant over.

Everytime I wash the car within a day the car is covered with a dusting off sand & other crud blown off the site.....
I know that feeling - next to my work is currently a building site with dust everywhere and the approach road’s covered in mud. Perhaps it’s part of a secret government plan to get me to go to work on the bus……

As to Keith’s neighbour – “mostly harmless” probably describes him best even if he is a right royal pain in the arse. Not much you can do about it, though the idea of a fleet of visiting Lexi is quite a good one.

Sorry but I'd just have a 'friend' pay him a visit whilst I was working miles away..

but hey that's just me.

I don't mind if I am doing something wrong but he just sounds like a proper :tsktsk:

I am actually quite tollerant, but after a while my patience wears thin. I have a problem

at the moment opposite me with new Houses being contructed. Everytime I wash the car

within a day the car is covered with a dusting off sand & other crud blown off the site.....

It won't take too much more for me to do something cos I am getting :tsktsk: off

Rant over.

Kill two birds with one stone here.

Go round and nick the tanker/van thing and park it right in the middle of the building work. (preferably half in and half out of a row of houses.) Just to express your feelings a bit.

Oh , and don't forget to give Wylie's neighbour a "Wozza-oscopy" before you leave with his vehicle.

as far as I know theres no regulations on parking in normal residential streets, obviously not blocking drives, its first come first serve for space, as long as your cars are road legal you can park them all the way up your street if you like

If he can move his tanker and is moaning for nothing, tell him u can't move your cars, cos u've been drinkin (heavily the night before if he's there at the crack of dawn) and no one else is insured to move them, then film him incase he bumps one, and sue his a$$!

There is a legal limit as to what size and weight of commercial vehicle you can park in residential streets.

Check with your local police station.

Just found this.....

Lorry parking

HGV lorries of unladen weight of 5 tonnes or more are prohibited from parking within residential areas overnight between the hours of 8pm and 7am (Monday to Friday) or at any time on Saturdays and Sundays.

So check with your local council

ou should also check what sort of "Liquid" he is carrying on this "Tanker" If it is a flameable substance he will definitely not be able to park in residential areas. It should be CLEARLY marked on the rear of the vehicle what he is carrying.

All of this can obviously be done annonomously if you don't want to face your neighbour.

Personally from what you have described him as, he would already have found golf balls in his tank before now!

sounds like a right 'ol :tsktsk: ......i had similar problem with my neighbor, also a right 'ol :tsktsk: ....would always intensionally park his motor over hanging my drive and worst still wouldnt move it for weeks a time, got to the point where i woke up one sunday morning and it wasnt there, parked the mrs car there, picked up the loot and bought a £200 ford sierra to plonk in that spot.......didnt move it for over a year, by which time he had got rid of his car and not replaced it.....he never knew it was mine and the look on his face was priceless when he finally saw me getting rid of it :shifty::shifty: :winky:

There is a legal limit as to what size and weight of commercial vehicle you can park in residential streets.

Check with your local police station.

Just found this.....

Lorry parking

HGV lorries of unladen weight of 5 tonnes or more are prohibited from parking within residential areas overnight between the hours of 8pm and 7am (Monday to Friday) or at any time on Saturdays and Sundays.

So check with your local council

ou should also check what sort of "Liquid" he is carrying on this "Tanker" If it is a flameable substance he will definitely not be able to park in residential areas. It should be CLEARLY marked on the rear of the vehicle what he is carrying.

All of this can obviously be done annonomously if you don't want to face your neighbour.

Personally from what you have described him as, he would already have found golf balls in his tank before now!

Hehe, good thinking matey but when I say oil tanker, I mean some kind of Nissan pick up truck not an actual tanker. It only weighs more than 5 tonnes when he's sitting in it.

The only thing he'd have to carry on the back is a sign saying 'Warning, 25 tonne bald grumpy old man in transit'

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links