Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys,

I just got quoated £516 for a 20k service at LEXUS EDGWARE .... + 10% discount for being a gold member ...(£455)

Is that too much ?

Any ideas for cheaper London area service ?

Cheers

Matt

Far too much if you ask me. I know London prices are high but that is taking the mickey. If they can't do it for £350 - AT THE MOST - tell them to stick it. I was quoted £290 at Lexus Teesside so they should have some room to manouvre. I would have thought in these credit crunch times they would want your business at any price.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I just got quoated £516 for a 20k service at LEXUS EDGWARE .... + 10% discount for being a gold member ...(£455)

Is that too much ?

Cheers

Matt

Far too much if you ask me. I know London prices are high but that is taking the mickey. If they can't do it for £350 - AT THE MOST - tell them to stick it. I was quoted £290 at Lexus Teesside so they should have some room to manouvre. I would have thought in these credit crunch times they would want your business at any price.

I just negotiated for the 10k service - started at £384 then got quote from Twickenham for £210, put this back to edgware and they price matched (including gold discount). best to look around first

Hi guys,

Is that too much ?

Cheers

Matt

I just negotiated for the 10k service - started at £384 then got quote from Twickenham for £210, put this back to edgware and they price matched (including gold discount). best to look around first

Thanks Guys, I'll call Twickenam in the morning ... see what they can do

What about Insurance ?, I got quoted £1073 from Norwich union for fully comp (although i had an international license since I'm 17 ... 36 now, I only got a full UK license since Jan 08, no 'no claim bonus')... Sky only insures a driver holding a minimum of 2 year UK license ... I left them a message anyway, maybe they can help .

Hi guys,

Is that too much ?

Cheers

Matt

Thanks Guys, I'll call Twickenam in the morning ... see what they can do

What about Insurance ?, I got quoted £1073 from Norwich union for fully comp (although i had an international license since I'm 17 ... 36 now, I only got a full UK license since Jan 08, no 'no claim bonus')... Sky only insures a driver holding a minimum of 2 year UK license ... I left them a message anyway, maybe they can help .

try websites like moneysupermarket.com or gocompare.com or quotelinedirect.com for cheaper insurance quotes..should be able to beat 1073 no proble. personally like norwich quotes are rubbish. have been for me anyways

I'v also added my wife who has only had her UK driving license for a month ... (she's been driving on an international license for 12 years)

All my quotes from all the sites are high, the cheapest one was Admiral and that was £1370 ... :sick:

Ok, ended up paying £389 for a full 20k service at edgware road ... i can live with that and still smile.

Still need to go back and sort the A/C ... one of the components is gone (its a bit smelly ...) and they need 2-3 days to fix it ...

Never the less, its for free and they come and pick up the car and bring it back, that's what i call service !!

• 5 months later...

I've just been quoted £308 for a 20K service for my IS250 by Cambridge, which is fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

What did bother me is that they said that it included a gearbox oil change. I told them my car was an automatic and that as I understood it the unit was effectively 'sealed for life'.

Why do they insist on doing things that might cause problems? If it ain't broke (and doesn't require maintenance) then leave well alone is my attitude.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links