Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Valuation Help Please For Ls430

I'm thinking about selling our LS 430, but am having problems working out how much it is worth. It's a beautiful luxury car and so easy to drive, but after a couple of years with it we've decided we ought to downsize.

Details are:

LS 430 with Premium Pack. Year 2001/51. Platinum ice with Sussex leather. 106,000 miles on clock. Full Lexus service history. Is about to have a service. MOT is til September 2008.

1 previous owner. Has built-in sat nav and all the other luxuries you would expect.

Generally good condition, but some wear and tear. Small dent in near-side door. Some tiny chips in paintwork. Small tear to back of front passenger seat. Has ultrasonic parking sensors, but there is a fault with the rear ones so they've been turned off. Alloy wheels are showing signs of wear (I understand this is a weakness with Lexus).

Would appreciate it if anyone could give me an idea of value.

Thanks.

I'm thinking about selling our LS 430, but am having problems working out how much it is worth. It's a beautiful luxury car and so easy to drive, but after a couple of years with it we've decided we ought to downsize.

Details are:

LS 430 with Premium Pack. Year 2001/51. Silver metallic. 106,000 miles on clock. Full Lexus service history. Is about to have a service. MOT is til September 2008.

1 previous owner. Has built-in sat nav and all the other luxuries you would expect.

Generally good condition, but some wear and tear. Small dent in near-side door. Some tiny chips in paintwork. Small tear to back of front passenger seat. Has ultrasonic parking sensors, but there is a fault with the rear ones so they've been turned off. Alloy wheels are showing signs of wear (I understand this is a weakness with Lexus).

Would appreciate it if anyone could give me an idea of value.

Thanks.

Are you sure you're not just trying to advertise it here?

Parker's online is good place to start:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/

Parkers price of £12k is, I think, over optimistic. Have been searching for a nice 430 for the past 2 months and believe an offer of £9k+ is probably the best you could hope for. Sorry to bear such bad news, but I purchased mine (LS400 1999) a little over a year ago for £8200 and now would be lucky to get £5k.

Unfortuneately, you are caught in the trap of selling a big car (prices dropping like lead) and downsizing to a smaller car (prices at a premium).

Best of luck anyway, Graham.

Parkers price of £12k is, I think, over optimistic. Have been searching for a nice 430 for the past 2 months and believe an offer of £9k+ is probably the best you could hope for. Sorry to bear such bad news, but I purchased mine (LS400 1999) a little over a year ago for £8200 and now would be lucky to get £5k.

Unfortuneately, you are caught in the trap of selling a big car (prices dropping like lead) and downsizing to a smaller car (prices at a premium).

Best of luck anyway, Graham.

Hi Graham

Thanks for that. A chauffeur suggested that it will be attractive to private chauffeurs, and told me that the mileage is not a problem as they go on for ever! He said to advertise in Autotrader. I need to provide photos to do that and am having trouble downloading them to our computer at the moment.

We're not in a hurry. I'll see if I get any interest locally, first. It has the Premium pack, which is great, and a electric 'moon roof'. Also has ultrasonic parking sensors; but have these turned off at the moment as the rear one kept coming on. We didn't need to use them, so decided not to pay Lexus an enormous amount of money to sort them out. It may not be a big fault.

I arrived at a selling figure of £11,875 from Whatcar (not incl Prem pack), but know that's optimistic.

It's such a great car to drive - so quiet and smooth. We also have a Volvo and that's got a lot of road and engine noise in comparison.

Regards

JEM

Hi Barney

Thanks for that. Yes, I've now looked at Parkers and at Whatcar. Now have price at around £11,875, but think that's optimistic. A chauffeur suggested we advertise it on Autotrader, but I've got to get photos sorted and downloaded to our computer for that and am having problems with it.

Rgrds

JEM

Hi Barney

Thanks for that. Yes, I've now looked at Parkers and at Whatcar. Now have price at around £11,875, but think that's optimistic. A chauffeur suggested we advertise it on Autotrader, but I've got to get photos sorted and downloaded to our computer for that and am having problems with it.

Rgrds

JEM

I wouldn't bother with Parkers or Whatcar, the only reliable trade guides are CAP or Glass's Guide.

Glass's Guide is valuing your car at around £8750 private sale or £7850 trade-in. Not a good time to be selling a big V8 I'm afraid.

I have been studying the market for the last year, and finally got a LS430 2001Y very good condition 56K on the clock one owner for 10K.

at 106K you should be able to get at least 9K private sale, there is a lot of interest in the LS 430 as it is the flagship of Lexus, it would be a enthusiast who would more than likely buy it .

I would use and always have used Parkers, as how many people have assess to glasses guide!, normally you have to pay or be in the trade.

when I bought mine I was fully aware of the MPG and it has never been a worry for me, if you want power you are going to use more fuel.., and it does better (slightly)on MPG (on the motorway) than the GS300 I had before!

A car is only worth what people are willing to pay for it!

i have only ever bought 1 (my first ) car from a garage, if you trade in a 10K car you will loose 2k (compared to a Private sell) and pay an extra 2 k for the new car.

As the 430@s have only just crossed the 10K price line, it would be a good time to sell. another year and there will be a lot more on the market at lower prices.

I have been studying the market for the last year, and finally got a LS430 2001Y very good condition 56K on the clock one owner for 10K.

at 106K you should be able to get at least 9K private sale, there is a lot of interest in the LS 430 as it is the flagship of Lexus, it would be a enthusiast who would more than likely buy it .

I would use and always have used Parkers, as how many people have assess to glasses guide!, normally you have to pay or be in the trade.

when I bought mine I was fully aware of the MPG and it has never been a worry for me, if you want power you are going to use more fuel.., and it does better (slightly)on MPG (on the motorway) than the GS300 I had before!

i have only ever bought 1 (my first ) car from a garage, if you trade in a 10K car you will loose 2k (compared to a Private sell) and pay an extra 2 k for the new car.

As the 430@s have only just crossed the 10K price line, it would be a good time to sell. another year and there will be a lot more on the market at lower prices.

Thanks for the advice and sharing your experience. I wouldn't want to give such a lovely car away to a dealer. Will try and post some photos as soon as I can, too.

post-23068-1204018764.jpg

Thanks for the advice and sharing your experience. I wouldn't want to give such a lovely car away to a dealer. Will try and post some photos as soon as I can, too.

Here are some photos.

post-23068-1204018794.jpg

post-23068-1204018821.jpg

Hi

Nice looking car but if you want to sell it then I would suggest taking that black mat out of it, get lower and take a better angle of the dash, or even sit in the back seat and take a picture like my avatar. Outside take the photograph from a low angle with a 3/4 view, i.e. from corners.

Can't understand why you are selling it, what are you going to replace it with??

Pete

Hi

Nice looking car but if you want to sell it then I would suggest taking that black mat out of it, get lower and take a better angle of the dash, or even sit in the back seat and take a picture like my avatar. Outside take the photograph from a low angle with a 3/4 view, i.e. from corners.

Can't understand why you are selling it, what are you going to replace it with??

Pete

Thanks for that Pete. I'll have another go at the dash.

Why are we selling? - We've got 2 sons at uni to support with their cars too. It was a toss up between keeping the Lexus or the Volvo V70. We love the Lexus; it's a dream to drive, and beautifully smooth and quiet. There can't be a more luxurious car. But, at the end of the day the Volvo is more of a work horse and practical for our purposes.

Hi

Pete

Why are we selling? - We've got 2 sons at uni to support with their cars too. It was a toss up between keeping the Lexus or the Volvo V70. We love the Lexus; it's a dream to drive, and beautifully smooth and quiet. There can't be a more luxurious car. But, at the end of the day the Volvo is more of a work horse and practical for our purposes.

What about.... Keep the Lexus, sell the volvo and buy a trailer, get student rail cards for the kids and sell their cars...!!?!?!???!?

But seriously I know what you mean, you can always buy another later....

Good Luck

Pete

Hi

Pete

What about.... Keep the Lexus, sell the volvo and buy a trailer, get student rail cards for the kids and sell their cars...!!?!?!???!?

But seriously I know what you mean, you can always buy another later....

Good Luck

Pete

I know. There's no contest. When we got out of the Lexus on Sunday after a long journey, we didn't feel as if we'd been in a car at all - completely refreshed! The best car I've ever driven. It's very tempting to change our minds.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links