Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Is The Life Of The Is200 Timing Belt

sasha

I am afraid, my car has 101,000 km and 7 years old and after seeing what you say so I have decided to bring it this week to change the timing belt. Also noticed a vibration in the engine in N between 2,500-3,000 rpm. that goes over, I suspect that may be of tensor or pulley :huh:

i had mine done a little while ago at 116000 and it was half the width it should of been. reckon i was pretty lucky too. got it done including the water pump for £490. not a great price but worth it i suppose!

Yes £490 is a little high. Never mind its done now so no worries.

James

Is it the same, 60000 rather than 100000, for the 3 litre (I assume it is !) ??

Yes 3 litres would be the same. We have noticed that a stretched/worn belt can throw out the timing enough to make the car running a bit noisey/lumpy.

One car was audible rattling until the belt was changed following 100k miles.

James

We have now done in the region of 40 IS200 belt changes, I can confirm 100k is far too much for this belt, its only my opinion but there should be some kind of sticky thread about this before someone has a nasty shock.

James

do you find wear is better with the auto :question:

We have now done in the region of 40 IS200 belt changes, I can confirm 100k is far too much for this belt, its only my opinion but there should be some kind of sticky thread about this before someone has a nasty shock.

James

Not really.

James

James

Not really.

James

hi james i was only asking as i have just had belt etc changed,6 years old 85k and looked in very good condition,no record on service history of this being changed and was only 3 years old when i bought it.but water pump was starting to leak :)

James

Not really.

James

hi james i was only asking as i have just had belt etc changed,6 years old 85k and looked in very good condition,no record on service history of this being changed and was only 3 years old when i bought it.but water pump was starting to leak :)

Ah right perhaps we have stumbled across something then, will look out for that.

James

• 2 weeks later...

James

Not really.

James

Ah right perhaps we have stumbled across something then, will look out for that.

James

Taking my auto in for 100K service and first timing belt change next week. Having read this thread I've decided not to drive it until I take it in. It will be interesting to find out what condition the belt is in :eerrrmm:

Do let us all know.

James

James

Not really.

James

James

Taking my auto in for 100K service and first timing belt change next week. Having read this thread I've decided not to drive it until I take it in. It will be interesting to find out what condition the belt is in :eerrrmm:

lol awsome pic, when lexus HQ said the belt was good for 100k we knew they were talking right out of theyre tail pipes.

Another great example of listening to common sense not dealers who charge £88 per hour for fixing things.

James

Lexus changed mine today. 8 year old Automatic with 98000 miles. There was a little bit of fraying on the edges of the old belt but nothing too serious. They did say however that there is a known issue with the belts wearing out early on some cars and that in some instances Lexus will cover the cost of replacement dependent on age and mileage.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links