Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lights From Across The Water

Was wondering the same thing.

So don't US lights have an adjuster on them for beam? And don't projectors point ahead? Just i bought some front fogs from Japan for my IS but maybe they're different to headlamps! Hmmm??!

I'm just about to order these, but a few things concern me.

prois300ks1iw8.jpg

Some say American lights point dead straight, which I am sure Swedish lights don't do. Others say they're only suitable får left hand drive cars. That would, of course, be great. Also, our HID headlights are fitted with motors that automatically adjust the beam so that it never points too high. I suppose Americans are not?

Another thing is that these lights have two side marker light bulbs each. Is it possible to use the same original wire for both bulbs?

The final issue is how they would fit. I know quite a few people use IS300 lights on their IS200s, but how much and what needs to be modified?

P.Lindblom i was going to order a set of those the weekend too!

I'm sure projectors point ahead anyway although i'm not sure, and why wouldn't these lights not have adjustable beam anyhow?

Think the wings need to be moded to fit IS300 lights and also i was wondering on the connection of these lights as if you look at the pics there is a plug

connector so don't know how they'd connect to HID's?

Need someone in the know to confirm!

P.Lindblom i was going to order a set of those the weekend too!

I'm sure projectors point ahead anyway although i'm not sure, and why wouldn't these lights not have adjustable beam anyhow?

Think the wings need to be moded to fit IS300 lights and also i was wondering on the connection of these lights as if you look at the pics there is a plug

connector so don't know how they'd connect to HID's?

Need someone in the know to confirm!

At least they shouldn't point backwards :)

I don't doubt they are adjustable, but to pass an MOT (at least here in Sweden) HID lights need to be automacially adjusted.

The plug connects to your original ballast, i suppose, if your car is equipped with HIDs. Otherwise you need to get another one. I've got after market HIDs, but it looks like they will fit the plugs on these lights.

The final issue is how they would fit. I know quite a few people use IS300 lights on their IS200s, but how much and what needs to be modified?

I only know of one person that has tried it, as it took quite a bit of work to get them to fit :(

Good luck if you get them, let us know how you get on, with plenty of pics :)

Guess i'll give it a go see how it goes, buying some HID's too so will try fit them altogether if not get someone who knows what they're doing to have a go.

Guess i'll give it a go see how it goes, buying some HID's too so will try fit them altogether if not get someone who knows what they're doing to have a go.

I'll remove my original headlights today or tomorrow, just to see how easy it is. If it's easy enough to swap them twice a year I will order these lights a few days from now. Good luck to us!

Let me know how you get on P.Lindblom, i've swapped my lights little while ago for the later spec darker ones it isn't that difficult, but maybe more so once all the HID's and new wiring with the new headlights.

Good luck i'm sure it would be worth the hassle!!

I'll remove my original headlights today or tomorrow, just to see how easy it is. If it's easy enough to swap them twice a year I will order these lights a few days from now. Good luck to us!

It isn't difficult to change the lights, 30mins tops for both sides, its just if these new ones for the IS300 will fit your IS200. Which I very much doubt :(

It isn't difficult to change the lights, 30mins tops for both sides, its just if these new ones for the IS300 will fit your IS200. Which I very much doubt :(

This is kind of frustrating. A few people in the Swedish LOC uses IS300 lights on their IS200s, so I could just ask them how they fitted them. The problem is that the forum disappeared a few weeks ago, and now the LOC start page is gone as well: www.lexusclub.se - I have asked Squarespace what happened to the website, and I'm currently waiting for their reply. If they can bring the LOC website back to life I can find at least one thread about fitting IS300 lights. Meanwhile I'm waiting for a few responses from Swedish Lexus dealers, on the same matter. But now... lunch! :P

Well... I think I've found our guinea pig: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting-h-...projectors.html - One unlucky Civic owner, who apparently bought headlights from the same manufacturer.

I'm determined to fit new headlights, so I had a look in AACs gallery and found these:

99852674fb1.png

22882307dj5.png

Do you think they are retrofitted, or aftermarket lights?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links