Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i have started useing dps4 .my experience so far is a smoother running engine,2mpg improvement,also helps with the flat spot low down.i use double dose and if purchased in 5ltr works out at £1.20 a tank.

Is it an additive? I was under the impression the use of additives can upset the manufacture warramty, or an I mistaken?

it is an additive.the technical man at millers assured me of suitability for is 220d.

• 4 months later...

I added Power Sport 4 to my car last Friday - 35l in the tank & 2 measures of DSP4 - noticed a difference straight away -

BUT that, or at least some of it, may be that the 35l, (to fill teh tank completely), was Esso rather than supermarket fuel which I had used for the previous 2 fills as the DSP4 hasn't really had enough time to have a full effect.

The car was a lot more smooth & the lag when pulling away has gone. Also the car seems happier in 4th around the 30mph mark whereas it didn't like it before.

On Saturday I had a 200 mile round trip to Manchester Airport, over the Woodhead Pass, & the car returned 43.2mpg. A week or so earlier I had a 120 mile round trip to Leicestershire & got about 38mpg.

As I said, it may be down to using real rather than supermarket petrol, which I'll probably use on the next fill to get a better idea.

I added Power Sport 4 to my car last Friday - 35l in the tank & 2 measures of DSP4 - noticed a difference straight away -

BUT that, or at least some of it, may be that the 35l, (to fill teh tank completely), was Esso rather than supermarket fuel which I had used for the previous 2 fills as the DSP4 hasn't really had enough time to have a full effect.

The car was a lot more smooth & the lag when pulling away has gone. Also the car seems happier in 4th around the 30mph mark whereas it didn't like it before.

On Saturday I had a 200 mile round trip to Manchester Airport, over the Woodhead Pass, & the car returned 43.2mpg. A week or so earlier I had a 120 mile round trip to Leicestershire & got about 38mpg.

As I said, it may be down to using real rather than supermarket petrol, which I'll probably use on the next fill to get a better idea.

you will need three full measures to a full tank and you will be better using diesel and not "supermarket petrol".

I use it on my BMW 330D, its fantastic stuff :)

Have you experienced the same improvements? Have long have you been using it for? Where do you get it from?

Sorry I must have missed this.

Yes I use it every tankful and have been doing for about 14 months. Engine seems quieter and pulls slightly better. I get it from a little shop in Blackpool for £9.99 (usually go once a year for a little visit to the seaside and I get my Millers at the same time!)

Good Stuff.

Certainly agree about supermarket petrol - the change for the better has been noticeable in the past when I used "real" fuel. Have got a 250 mile round trip to Wigan today - will be interested to see how the car goes on that. Topped up with 20l at Asda last night & 1 measure of DPS4

Edit - Update - just got back from Wigan - 45.3mpg - via A1 & M62 - mostly about 72/74 mph with cruise & in 6th where possible.

DPS4 at Halfords £11.99 or Motosave for £9.99 for 500 ml

Been looking. Claims are very same to High Perf diesel, which makes no differences in my car.

Is it a false pill (plassebo)? May be I need to try. Will go Halfords tomorrow.

Go to Motosave if you've got one nearby - £9.99 per 500ml against £11.99 :crybaby: at Halfords. Or try another place similar to Halfords if you haven't got access to Motosave

On Saturday I had a 200 mile round trip to Manchester Airport, over the Woodhead Pass, & the car returned 43.2mpg. A week or so earlier I had a 120 mile round trip to Leicestershire & got about 38mpg

I would be interested to see how mine performs, 2008 220d mm, just turned 5600 miles but returning an ave of 47.6mpg. My daily commute is 37 M1 miles twice a day, and to be honest ,the orange lights on the speedo are always on!

• 2 weeks later...

My brother-in-law is a ex LGV tutor and has spent most of his life in the transport sector. When I took delivery of my car from new, he mentioned DPS4 recommended it and told me where to get it. Picking up on the DPS discussions on this site I bought some, well two bottles actually as they were £7.50.

From the first refill I have added it using only supermarket diesel. I run the car in according to the manual and did not use the motorway until it had reached 1000 miles. The car has now covered 2000 miles and today filled her up and did just over 100 miles round trip using mainly motorway, tried to keep it to 80mph, got a tank average of 41.5mpg, with ave speed 59mph. I'm quite pleased with that. I assume consumption will get better and the car runs really smooth and is quiet. Not sure if this is down the the engine or DSP4, but I'm sticking with it.

Used in my merc 220cdi and it made a difference.

Got the redex diesel when I got the Lexus as it was cheaper thinking it was the same...anyway got another bottle of dps4 yesterday and the difference is noticable straight away, pulls better and is marginally quieter. Not sure on fuel at the moment.

just got a bottle to try, but how do you pour it in the fuel tank? do you use something to poke open the trap door at the fuel tank neck? if you guys know what i mean.... ;) ;) ;) ;) and also do you need to fill the car up after you put double dose of DPS4 in?

can someone tell me if this is single or almost double dose? btw i didnt did the does myself, it was like this by the times i got home today... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

IMG_1313.jpg

Looks to me is if it's likely to be bit more than a double dose. Try loosening the cap - it might release the pressure & allow the level in the measuring chamber to fall

Certainly agree about supermarket petrol -

I think the point there was that you shouldn't be using petrol at all in your diesel motor. :whistling:

ROFL :lol::lol::lol::lol: good one.... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

A propos the "petrol/diesel" gaffe :blush: - well pointed out chaps - force of habit to refer to fuel as petrol rather than diesel - Always had petrol power before & old habits die hard - haven't (YET) put the wrong sort in but I suppose there's always a first time!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links