Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Couple Of Questions Before I Buy

digitalbot99

Hello

I am hoping to purchase an IS 200 Sport in the next few months and I was wondering if anyone has a downloadable colour swatch available in some form for the paint finishes that they came in. It would give me a better visual idea of what is available rather than just having the names of the colours

and

I was wondering if anyone could give me a realistic example of mpg on these vehicles as the manufacturers figures are almost always inaccurate. I have looked at the pinned chart but what do you guys realistically get from an un modded car?

thanks a lot.

I can only speak from an Auto IS200 point of view.

At a steady 55-60 on a run 37mpg is achievable,

However in heavy London city centre traffic this drops to 20-21mpg :crybaby:

These figures are still the same even though I now have a Supercharger fitted,

so long as I'm not flooring it everywhere.

Here is a picture of mine. This colour is Platinum ICE.

(The wheels pictured are not standard)

New18sWIM009.jpg

Firstly , welcome Digitalbot , to the forum , I have not been a member long and like you were unsure too , the only advice I can give you is ............BUY IT NOW..... you'll never look back .

Wozza's about right on the MPG , with a manual box you might squeeze a bit more out but who cares your in a Lexus !!!

About the colours its probably best to have a look on Autotrader as most colours are for sale here .

As for mine , I have a Sport Navigator ( with sat nav built in as standard ) the Sport gives you the alloy pedal covers and sill protectors , tinted rear windows and a two tone steering wheel ( these all make it go faster ) ;)

As for colour , well err !! mines BLACK . :lol:

hi,welcome to loc :)

may be worth a look on the lexus dealers web sites to see the colours and specs of their used cars

mpg is as dj wozza has said but test drive one and you will want one even more :)

If you have a look through the posts of people posting pictures you will see pretty much every colour IS that there is.

As for the MPG, if that is your main reason for a new car then you will have to look elsewhere but if not then i would recommend the IS to anyone.

Hi there and welcome to the LOC :)

Here are a selection of links to questions that I asked when I was first looking to buy. There's some pretty useful information in there ;)

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=38870&hl=

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=39191&hl=

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=39581&hl=

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=39503&hl=

All the best,

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

welcome to the club, as far as im aware all sports came with the rear spoiler, i know mine has one. the S & SE do not have spoilers. someone will correct me if im wrong though.

not sure what your budget is, but it could be worth looking at a pre 2001 car if you dont have a large budget, so it doesnt take the hike in the recent road tax rises.

as for MPG, im currently getting about 32 mpg which is mainly country lanes at a leisurely pace

Yep all Sports had a boot spoiler, pre 2001 no brake light, post 2001 with brake light. If it doesn't have a spoiler, it's either had an impact and the bootlid has been replaced with no spoiler, or it's pretending to be a Sport! :whistling:

As for colour swatches, you're much better off just asking for pics of real cars - much easier to see what they actually look like, and I think most colours are catered for on here - even the really rare ones like aztec fire.........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links