Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Light Bulbs

Your xenon kits seem super cheap :o

My kit was £296 a year ago

Yes, and i'm slightly dubious of it!

Also, the video earlier in this thread showing the illigal and out of alignment beam pattern does not inspire confidence!

Your xenon kits seem super cheap :o

My kit was £296 a year ago

Yes, and i'm slightly dubious of it!

Also, the video earlier in this thread showing the illigal and out of alignment beam pattern does not inspire confidence!

Here in Sweden it's illegal only because you need to have automatically adjusted lights. The beam pattern is great according to the Swedish MOT guys.

The scooby thread is a comparison between 9006 and HIR bulbs showing the difference in brightness, as dazz32 was enquiring about it, nothing to do with HID there, sorry if there was some confusion.

Yes the video is old, when HID just started appearing on the market and prices were high. Prices have gone down significantly but the science behind HID retrofit kits haven't changed.

"From time to time, I am asked to comment on what are marketed as "new developments" in HID kits, and those asking sometimes point out to me that these "new developments" might render this article out-of-date, since the copyright date on the article is older than the date of these "new developments". Please understand, marketeers will always be coming up with dazzling new pseudoscience, tempting new hype and sneaky new ways of trying to convince you to buy their stuff. It's what they do. This article will never go out of date, because the problems with HID kits are conceptual problems, not problems of implementation. Therefore, they cannot be overcome by additional research and development, any more than someone could develop a way for you to put on somebody else's eyeglasses and see correctly."

Quote from http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bu...onversions.html

Again I stress I'm not going to stop others from using HIDs, I'm just saying there are halogen alternatives out there that are fairly bright too, and I'm certainly not in any position to address the legal enforcement aspects of HIDs, I'm simply presenting the information I've found on the matter.

1 more thing, that "not very bright" guy in the end of the video is Edmund King, now the President of AA :D

guarantee that if you actually drove a car with HID's fitted, you wouldn't want any alternative.....period!!!

I would however advise against using Hong Kong or China supplied kits as returns take forever........

Would you advice against them purley for the time taken on returns? Do ya think the general quality of them is good?

Cos i'll put up with delays if there are substantial savings to be made! (Can revert to standard bulbs temporarily if required!)

Also, hopefully returns will not be neccessary!

I would however advise against using Hong Kong or China supplied kits as returns take forever........

Would you advice against them purley for the time taken on returns? Do ya think the general quality of them is good ?

Quality sems very good until they go wrong. Then the delay can be a month or two.

Trust me once you have had HID's on your car you won't want to be driving with the equivalent of 1 yellow headlight for 2 months.

Myself and Vyker have both had faulty ballasts, and Vyker has had faulty bulbs too.

OK, gonna go and get some.

Might get them from a UK supplier, its not much more. Plus i emailed a couple of suppliers asking them about legality etc. I will have more confidence dealing personally with an english person of at least some intellegence, than a chineese guy (no racism involved!) who sends out the same badly translated resonse that doesn't actually really answer the questions you asked.

Have people just bought the dipped beams HID then? or dipped and main, or presumably, you can do dipped, main and fog if you want to?

Also, i might like them a bit blue, 8000k maybe?

Following a little more research, 8000k may not MOT 6000k is the max, according to somewhere....

Mines got the 8000k hid kit fitted and passed its MOT the past 2 years fine :D they are quite blue compared to the 6000k sets you can buy but they are great when set up properly as i took mine to an MOT centre to set the beam on there machine and i've never been flashed by on coming drivers since i fitted them :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links