Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Event Tyres

Parthiban

I recently picked up a set of alloys off a member on here (thanks btw!) and two of the tyres are made by a company called Event. A quick google search shows up a Dutch company that makes budget tyres............but can't find anything else about them.

I'm not sure whether to use them, or just scrap the lot and put on a brand new set of a tyre I trust more as I'd hate to use them and then just get pitched off at the first roundabout I encounter (especially with the weather we've been having recently)..............

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Can't see why they should cause any problems if you drive carefully for a few miles to see what they drive like.

Must be at least 1 member who fits tyres or of course the doctor.

I've had Events before and your exactly right, there just a budget tyre, but comparing them to the Michelin's i've replaced them with i can see the difference!!

Stav

Cheers mate, that's exactly what I was looking for - someone who's used them and has compared them to "proper" tyres. I will prob give them a go for a bit to see what they're like but think I'll just replace the set.

@Corsavandal: Yep they're pretty new, but not sure how confident I'd be on them (will try them out though just to see). I've driven many IS200s on Bridgestones in the past and have been appalled at how bad they are compared to the Dunlops I've always used so surely these budget tyres should be even worse.........

Will need to think about what tyres to actually replace them with now, but think it's prob better to start that on a different thread......... :unsure:

There not really that bad but then again i drive like a wuss in the wet.

But to be honest mate, things like Toyo's Proxes and Falkens aren't too much more expensive if you look at places like Camskill.com for example.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links