Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remove Seats

My electric leather seats have arrived and i want to replace old manually clothe seats with these.You guys got pictures for installing?

have googling,but didnt find much.

Are you me? :o

My electric leather seats arrived at my place this morning. I will replace my manual cloth ones with them tonight. I believe I asked about it in a thread not long ago. I'll see if I can find it.

My is half leather with alcantara in the middle.I'm just concern for the side airbag in front seats.Can i unplug/plug without airbag goes off?

Same here. I don't want my neck broken because I pulled the wires in the wrong order.

Vad sägs om att vi båda tar kort och hjälps åt på det sättet?

These are instructions for the rear seat, anyway: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...st&p=430176

Jepp,vi får samarbeide herfra.

I bought my for 280£ incl shipping form uk.How much did you pay?

user "shak" can help us cause he has removed his before.

i found this

http://images.google.no/imgres?imgurl=http...l%3Dno%26sa%3DN

but he didnt mention anything about airbag.

I paid £720 for everything, but it was taken off a Swedish 2004 IS200 with just 821 mil (svenska mil) behind it.

I will speak to Lexus today and ask them how to unplug/plug everything.

Here is some usefull info with regards to seat removal. Some may not apply depending on whether your original seats are electric.

Move both your existing seats all the way forward and undo the mounting bolts (14mm or 12mm I think) at the rear.

Then slide them most of the way back again.

Disconnect the Battery earth terminal and wait approx 15 minutes for the airbags capacitors to discharge.

Then undo the front mounting bolts.

Tilt the seat backwards so you can see the underneath.

Disconnect the airbag/seatbeltwarning/electric seat cables. (on mine there were 2 integrated cables)

Remove seat.

Depending on what existing wiring is there, replacement of new front seats should be the reversal of above.

The rear seat removal instructions are not on the link supplied above. That car was a GS300.

How to remove the rear seats is covered in this thread

I've had the seats out of mine about 6 times now and never diconnected the Battery, just pulled the plugs and no problems. I found that I had to remove the headrests to get the seats out.

I think the biggest problem you will have is getting power to the seats as the wiring won't be in place. Stand to be corrected though.

I just spoke to Lexus. They told me to disconnect the Battery and wait at least five minutes before unplugging the seats. Also, all Scandinavian IS200s have heated seats and according to Lexus the connections for the electric seats should already be there. We'll find out if that's the case.

all Scandinavian IS200s have heated seats and according to Lexus the connections for the electric seats should already be there. We'll find out if that's the case.

If the seats are heated there will be power there, the cloth seats in the UK and japan are not heated.

Just unplug the passenger seat without disconnecting Battery,no harm done.

But the UK electric seats-plug doesnt fit the plugs in my car.only the yellow cable fit.

Uk plug

IMG_0015.jpg

norweg plug

IMG_0016.jpg

these 2 white plugs have totally 5 cables(3+2),and the uk have only 4.Don't know what to do.

Just unplug the passenger seat without disconnecting battery,no harm done.

But the UK electric seats-plug doesnt fit the plugs in my car.only the yellow cable fit.

In a few hours I will see what the Swedish connections look like.

I just spoke to Lexus. They told me to disconnect the battery and wait at least five minutes before unplugging the seats. Also, all Scandinavian IS200s have heated seats and according to Lexus the connections for the electric seats should already be there. We'll find out if that's the case.

If you need any help, just pm me I'm happy to help if you need it, but its pretty much straight forward, like every one has said just disconnect the Battery for half an hour and the airbags will be fine.

Shak

15 mins Battery disconnection is recommended mate, if you don't do it, that is up to you.

Radio will lose it's presets, engine ECU will clear & re-set itself.

yellow cable is airbag , seat electrics and seat belt sensor is the big square(ish) white connector

or was when I swapped my half leather to full leather.

Talk to Shak, Jason_l , Lee_iceman or yemgi as they have all done the swap over with no power to passenger side.

no need to unplug the battery.airbag won't go off.i didnt remove battery and no harm done.

hurry up and take pics.start with the front.

I've removed the rear seat and the parcel shelf and I'm just about to upgrade my rear speakers. Bought a third parcel shelf and the speakers from a car with the 8 speaker system.

Pictures are coming later, when I start with the front seats.

Well, my problem is the other way around. The plugs in the car are the airbag and 2 white plugs with 2 pins each. My new seats have got a large plug with 5 pins and the airbag plug of course.

Please help me and my fellow Scandinavian :unsure:

That's basically what I did on mine. Another thing I had to swap aswell is the seatbelt anchor. The seat belt from a 2000 car does not fit in a 2004 anchor...

That's basically what I did on mine. Another thing I had to swap aswell is the seatbelt anchor. The seat belt from a 2000 car does not fit in a 2004 anchor...

I'm glad you told me. Thanks! :D I will replace my anchors before I fit the seats tomorrow. I've got the electricity figured out now, so I'm good to go as soon as the sun rises... or maybe a bit later than that.

dscn4551tw7.jpg

dscn4566hj9.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links