Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thou Shalt Not Slate The Is220d... This I Do Swear

I had an 04 Audi A4 1.9tdi multitronic from new to 45k miles. Audi claim the same mpg for the multitronic as the manual A4 that is over 50mpg driven carefully, the best I ever managed was 42mpg and most of the time 36-38 was the norm.

With my IS250auto the best I have managed is 38mpg and my daily average is 32mpg, this is obviously over identical journeys as I did in my Audi.With the difference in petrol/deisel prices now I'm sure my costs are not a lot different to what they would have been had I kept the Audi.

Its nice with the Lexus pulling away from rest without the suicidal time delay experienced with the multitronic and without the embarassing thick smokescreen I would constantly see in my rear view mirror.

OK I've been lurking around here for too long now!!

Just had mine back to Lexus Bolton to do something anout the 38 mpg average I was getting. Drove the car to Preston (18 miles each way, some stop/start but mostly 50mph 5th gear) and guess what..... average 52.5 mpg. I don't know what they did but I'm not complaining.

Dont forget however the diesel road tax is 170 quid a year the petrol is 400 quid a year factor that 230 quid into your calcs too 20 quid extra a month is a fair few miles in either car

50+ at 50mph...is that all? Whilst mine can't seem to get that now, it did in the past...

Secondly - £20 a month extra - it's not about the money - the point is why the cars keep having to go in for new bits, tweaks, remapping. Smacks of a design flaw. But will anyone admit it? No...

Why? 'cos it's a Lexus and they are perfect...

It's all getting too boring :wacko::yawn:

I know people say their Audis do 50mpg but the best VW/Audi car I had for mileage had the 1.9Tdi 115bhp engine and it averaged at 48 mpg mostly motorway so I would doubt a 140 or 170 bhp would better that.

You're going to start you know who off in a minute... :crybaby:

Shhh - you're right. Keep your head down, say nothing and let's hope this drops off the front page asap. :whistling:

LOL .... Ah you guys crack me up :hehe::hehe:

"It's all getting too boring..."

Oh sh*t, who woke him up...

You know who - that's the nicest anyones been about me in years

:lol:

BTW - my A4 test drive keeps getting put back (hopefully do both 2.0TDi and 3.0TDi Quattro). Apparently (!) they have had to re-prioritise private customer test drives "due to unprecedented demand" by Corporate clients

not very reassuring that they have a customer pecking order is it.and if its not really about the fuel economy as you have said why don't you buy the 250 auto.firstly you will get agood discount which, you won't on the audi.secondly the audi being a new model will suffer gremlins.something to think about.

• 10 months later...
Some of you may me recall my post 2 years ago, where I posted something identical....photo's and all (though the car was stationary and in a layby when I took them).

gti1 - I am genuinely happy for you...I always drive like you have on this occasion - always within the speed limit and in those conditions - and I get 10mpg less... :crybaby:

AND I just refuse to put anything like DPS4 in. The net has some forums on there where people have mixed views on it. Knowing my luck it'll sieze the injectors...

It's never been about squeazing every MPG out. It's about having a car that does not need a shed load of warranty visits to keep it running the way it should be with loads of ECU tweaks, new pipes and all... I think people have missed the point...

Let's not cover old ground. My Blood pressure will go up... :unsure: over and out

I agree - my 220d will struggle to do 32mpg even floating down the motorway with cruise control on at 76-70, whether in 5th or 6th gear. Lexus are trying to tell me this is "normal" - I hope they read these posts.

Although I am currently waiting to see if Lexus will change the injectors for me to try and improve the consumption it irritates me no end that they still refuse to acknowledge that my mpg is a problem. They are tryin g their best to wash their hands of it so as you say, I only want what it said on the tin (35.8 urban, 52.3 extra urban, 44.8 combined). Why do they insist my 32 mpg driving like miss Daisy is normal?

No more Lexus for me, petrol or diesel - EVER. The staff's attitude at my dealer over this stinks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links