Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I must confess I've been quite p***ed off with some of the recent reviews of the IS F, Mag's like Autocar and Auto Express who IMO haven't got a clue about performance and yet they give the IS F 4 stars out of 5 and in the whole article they try their best to put the IS F down.

No real mention of the good point, e.g. Great Brakes, Great Gearbox etc etc.

So who could really provide us with a unbiased view and someone whio knows a thing or two about performance cars and not your 1.2 Kia.

None other than Evo Mag. When they 'First Driven' the IS F they gave it 4.5 out 5 stars and in the new mag (out now) they ahve compared it head on against the new M3.

Cut a long review short, they have said they never expected someone so new to the Peformance sector (first ever attempt by Lexus F) to get clsoe to the likes of M and AMG etc but not only have they got close but in fact there are some areas where the IS F is better than the M3 and vice versa. They say the M3 is slightly better in terms of driving poise but then the IS F will appeal to the new gaming and technology generation.

Overall they gave them both 5 stars out of 5.

The IS F has truly arrived.

I think you need to get out more mate, you seem totally obsessed by this car. Just because a review doesnt give you the answer you want, doesn't mean it is wrong :shifty: Still, keep looking and I'm sure you will find the review that says it is the best car in the world for everything and make you truly happy.

I too get extremely upset and almost traumatised when reading car magazines and how Lexus cars never get appreciated for their true qualities. At one point I used to walk into WHSmiths, and if I found a review of Lexus versus Audi, BMW, Merc and the Lexus got slated, then I would immediately get into a rage, and swiftly tear up every single copy of that magazine.

I have now been banned from every WHSmiths within the M25 region. However, my passion for Lexus burns as strong as ever.

I too get extremely upset and almost traumatised when reading car magazines and how Lexus cars never get appreciated for their true qualities. At one point I used to walk into WHSmiths, and if I found a review of Lexus versus Audi, BMW, Merc and the Lexus got slated, then I would immediately get into a rage, and swiftly tear up every single copy of that magazine.

I have now been banned from every WHSmiths within the M25 region. However, my passion for Lexus burns as strong as ever.

LOL @ you dude

you have to own a lexus to really appreciate its quality, I have had many motors over the years but the lexus is by far the best build quality, nice family cars and the reliability is great, also its not just the cars but the lexus dealers that I find are spot on, its also suprising that people always give a nice lexus a second glance.

I think you'll will soon be visited by people wearing white coats!! :whistling:

I think you'll will soon be visited by people wearing white coats!! :whistling:

Spunds like even the old RS4 has the edge on the IS-F...one comment was it wasn't a lot quicker than the BMW 330

• 2 weeks later...
I can't wait to read the review, but the mag won't arrive here for another month or so. Would it be possible for somebody to scan the article and post it?

Thanks

Dave

'08 ISF (photos here)

Those photo`s of your is-f look wicked love that motor.............now for the 6 numbers to come up........

I can't wait to read the review, but the mag won't arrive here for another month or so. Would it be possible for somebody to scan the article and post it?

Thanks

Dave

'08 ISF (photos here)

Those photo`s of your is-f look wicked love that motor.............now for the 6 numbers to come up........

Thanks very much!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links