Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

have noticed buzzing sound just after switching off the engine,any body had this or know what it might be.

you say buzzing noise? is it coming from the radio console in the middle of the car,when i turn my 220d of there is a slight buzzing noise come from the radio area.maybe it's something to do with the engine turning off (like the immobilizer setting it's self) :unsure:

have noticed buzzing sound just after switching off the engine,any body had this or know what it might be.

you say buzzing noise? is it coming from the radio console in the middle of the car,when i turn my 220d of there is a slight buzzing noise come from the radio area.maybe it's something to do with the engine turning off (like the immobilizer setting it's self) :unsure:

well i've done 36k and never heard it before.

steer lock engages

no ,i know that noise,this is a buzzing for about 2 seconds,am wondering if it could be fuel pump.

i have the same thing, appears to be coming from the engine bay?mentioned it to my lexus garage at last service but couldnt find a fault,

if you open the drivers door and lower your head towards the cill then switch off you can hear the noise louder.the noise tails off after two seconds,is that the same for you simon k.

yes same here, i park mine in the garage so it sounds really loud in a confined space.

mine is going in on thurs, i will ask them to look at it.

i think the noise is the fuel pump,but i might be wrong :question:

that's my suspicion,have you got same problem.

I don't want to scare anyone but the fuel pump should buzz on turning the ignition on , thats it priming the fuel system , I've never heard one buzz on turning off , but I may be wrong , it just does'nt make sense for the fuel pump to prime on turning the engine off when it no longer needs fuel , maybe the pump returns unused fuel in the system to the tank or something , well worth asking a technician at Lex but don't hold your breath , most of them haven't a clue without a diagnostics card and a laptop .

Regards

Paul.

:D

I don't want to scare anyone but the fuel pump should buzz on turning the ignition on , thats it priming the fuel system , I've never heard one buzz on turning off , but I may be wrong , it just does'nt make sense for the fuel pump to prime on turning the engine off when it no longer needs fuel , maybe the pump returns unused fuel in the system to the tank or something , well worth asking a technician at Lex but don't hold your breath , most of them haven't a clue without a diagnostics card and a laptop .

Regards

Paul.

:D

this is only recent noise after switch off.agree about priming but this noise is different.

mine lasts for at least 6 seconds the technician at lexus hadnt a clue what it was, started around 6/7 months ago but not caused any problems but never noticed it for the first six months

had the bonnet up,wife did switch on and off .took engine cover off,just pops off .the noise is bestdescribed as a sneakey fart at the top of the engine.i feel it is fuel delivery related,at least i can point them in the right direction.hope that helps you simon.

problem sorted.turns out to be a vacuum breather solenoid,lift your bonnet and look at the engine from the drivers side wing ,slightly to the left of the oil filler cap line underneath the top engine coveris the faulty unit,it also has two pipes to the left hand side.the man at lex said it was a rare fault,he knew what it was when i spoke with him on the phone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links