Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problm With Laptop

whiteman

:crybaby: as it says since last night my right click has stopped working, tried all sorts to sor it out and it don't wanna work.

It stopped working when I opened a file on my desktop, have used it before with no problems,

I have done a system restore and it still won't work.

I am downloading windows vista service pack to see if that can sort the problem out.

Also checked mouse settings and puter says it is working ok.

It is really doing my head in now...

Any help please!!!!! :whistling:

I can't understand why it should stop working if I have not done anything.

Often the easiest way to resolve a niggly issue like this is just to do a system restore back to a time when it worked; assuming you don't have a hardware fault.

I have done a system restore two day's prior to when the problem started,

Only thing I can think of is the right click button as failed, I need to get a different mouse to try to see if it is the mouse on the laptop that is at fault, hopefully not as I need my puter..

:huh: Well I have got a mouse to try and the news is not good,,,,, after spending 5hrs trying to sort it is the right button on the laptop which has stopped working, plugged a wired mouse in and the right click works...

The laptop is only 1 month old, would of expected to get a little bit longer than a month before it fooked up..

By the way it is a Sony Viao VGN-FZ31S

It is a cracking laptop but like said I thought it would be more reliable than this but then again you do get some which can be faulty

Whole industries are made on things that go faulty unfortunately. (Not for the industry though)

You can use shift-F10 for right click but difficult in web pages as you have to click to highlight which obviously won't help on a link as it will just take you there.

Might get you by for other things though until you can get it back under warranty.

Whole industries are made on things that go faulty unfortunately. (Not for the industry though)

You can use shift-F10 for right click but difficult in web pages as you have to click to highlight which obviously won't help on a link as it will just take you there.

Might get you by for other things though until you can get it back under warranty.

cheers geoffers, I will have to make do till I can send to wherever ever sony want it,

I am using a normal plug in mouse for now.

Tis a pain only being a month old but that is life, you can spend a couple of hundred on a laptop and nowt will ever go wrong and you can also spend thousands on one and it can go tits up after a couple of hours but thats what the warranty is for..

mine has a two year warranty which I thought only had one....

Sony don't make things that last anymore. I've seen an FD Trinitron (flat CRT) with a pink screen 'cos it's on its way out already, that's ridiculous from such a "premium" brand. As for PS2s, just take a look on eBay.

Oh, and when Dell and apple recalled their laptop batteries, let's not forget who made the cells inside...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links