Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I currently own a is200 sport but Im pretty much going to buy a GS this week but am somewhat confused as to what to go for. Both cars are used choices are, both from a Lexus dealer:

GS300SE-L 06 plate 15,500 miles (£25,500)

Gs450hSE-L 56 plate 6,500 miles (£33,000)

I was initially keen on the 300 but having thought about things I considering the hybrid - was just wondering if anyone has had both or thought deeply about a similar choice and made a decision. I've driven the 300 and liked it but I a just thinking long term if the hybrid will be a better choice given its more refined and may hold its value and possibly fuel savings.

The dealer told me that road tax was only £15 cheaper a year with the hybrid!

I appreciate this is quite a subjective question but I would appreciate any opinions.

thanks in advance!

I'm yet to be convinced about the hybrid. I don't like the idea of loosing the boot space and I really don't like the idea of lugging round a ton of toxic chemicals. Plus, how long do the batteries last?? They will cost a lot to replace and then there's the eccological problem of disposing of the old batteries.

Just loads of questions and no answers :-/

The 450h is completely different to the 300, better economy, much faster, and definitely better residuals with the rising road tax and congestion charge.

If you can afford the extra purchase cost, and live with the tiny boot, then it's a no brainer - go for the 450h. The hybrid technology is already proven with the Priuses that have been around for years and still going strong.........

Drive one and see which one you prefer :)

I have had GS 450h SE-L for a little over 18 month's. My previous car being a Jaguar XJ6 (aluminum body version).

My reasons for switching:-

Styling - I have always liked the shape of the new GS

Usefully smaller than the Jaguar

Less road tax and as I live in a London suburb, no London congestion charge

Advanced technology - the hybrid drive takes the Prius concept and moves it on a lot, and comprehensively equipped

The obvious disadvantage is as already mentioned the lack of boot space, although personally its not been an issue for me

Boot space is a big problem with 450h,you really need to look at it first.Power is unreal,from a standing start it flys.Dont be fooled into extra m.p.g,you will either drive faster pulling away(you just cant help it,it flys)or dont forget you are lugging around that Battery.second hand prices will allways be better for the 450h,they have just launched a new version,well face lift,well not even that really just more boot space,wait for it 2'' more!!!! They are bringing out an all new version soon,might be worth waiting for that,the prices of the old ones tends to drop off when new ones(with boots)come out.Great car though,love the blue interia lights.Good luck,and enjoy which ever one you get. :winky:

Hi,

sorry can't comment on the 300 never driven one but have driven a 450h a few times,

it's a fantastic car very quick with loads of mid range power.

is it a lexus dealer? if so i would ask for a day test driving each and see which one you prefer.

the 450 without a doubt....sure I read somewhere the hybrid section is covered by 100k warranty ?

I currently have a 430 and drove a new 300 for 3 days last week. Lovely car but definately lacked the power I was used to...didn't quite feel as refined either.

don't get me wrong....I wouldn't say no...but if given the choice I'd choose the 450.... Although it could cost you points on your licence without trying ;0)

Thanks guys - I really appreciate all the responses.

I've driven the 300 I think I'm going to take the 450h for a drive tomorrow and see what its like - I have done a thesis of research on these bar driving the 450h - seems everyone who has a 450h reckons its worth the 7k difference (in this case) - given the low mileage as well this could be a factor. Shame it don't run on champagne! I guess my only other concern is reliability, I have an IS so know what Lexus is all about - but its ram packed with technology and I'm wanting to keep the car for a good 5 years.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your info put a deposit down on the 450h. Very refined a bit detached to drive but quick and refined. They were trying to sell me supaguard but i think ill do it myself ill see what i can find online - see if i can get a good package of everyhting i ned to protect the wheels and the body work.

in celebration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWdESkWpKvI

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links