Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That' right. I give up...

It's taken 6 weeks to get one new drivers side vent. I've just been told that the 5 minute job to change it out will take longer as the car is also due a recall - the dreaded 5th Injector - which they would like to do today too...

This'll be the 3rd fifth Injector this car is on, plus the numerous tweaks to the ECU's etc. This really isn't what I expected from a Lexus...

Has anyone else been recalled and if so did it improve anything?

Surely that's a good thing? Maybe if there's a proper recall, they've finally sorted the issue with this 5th injector and all will be well? Here's hoping anyway........ :unsure:

I hope so. It' now over 2 years since we bought it, and about time we knew what the car "should" do against a "stable" design. Hopefully it'll make much more consistent in it's performance...
good luck with the fix,do you think you could ask the dealer for a look at the old one.

This might be a daft question so please ignore it if it is but why would the IS220d have a fifth injector when it is a four cylender unit? I know Lexus's new petrol engines and both direct and indirect injection so I was just wondering what the fifth injector did?

just because she wanted to the wife used our 911 for work last week , 300 mile weekly commute and a 72 quid fill up , she has spare fuel at the end of the week .

i filled up the lexus , and it cost 75 quid in diesel ..... and mine needed filling again at 300 miles ........................ and Mr lexus GB if you reading ,the porsche is 30 years old .

:o :lol::lol::lol: think of all the squirrels she killed

just because she wanted to the wife used our 911 for work last week , 300 mile weekly commute and a 72 quid fill up , she has spare fuel at the end of the week .

i filled up the lexus , and it cost 75 quid in diesel ..... and mine needed filling again at 300 miles ........................ and Mr lexus GB if you reading ,the porsche is 30 years old .

Please....please....lets not start that debate again....

10...9...8...7...6...5........OOooooom :lol:

Hello bit orf topic maybe but

i Have just purchased a IS220d SE today on a 55 plate with 18k on clock

from Stratstone group

How can i find out if mine is due a recall for the injector problem

Any help Please

:offtopic: But did i get a good deal IS220d SE with MM, & rear park camera, Sunroof, 17" wheels caxton slate and full leather 6 months tax and the 20K service.

£17900 then he give me £3000 for my IS200 with 149k on a X reg 2000 so £14900 + £80 to swap number plates not bad i thinks :winky:

It's not too bad a deal. Yours is an early one (in fact one of the first diesels - probably registered beteen last week Dec 2005 and 28th Feb 2006).

Only the dealer can tell you if it's due the recall - which I suspect it will be. Apparently letters are on their way.

I've seen PEX figures for mine Ranging from £17500 to less than £16k (GULP) and it's immacculate, but then they re also knocking huge wads off a new 3/5 Series, even the new A4 to try and entice at the moment!!!!

PS - Steve - someone did mention that the dealership reset back to factory gound zero and it improved....

Mine came back yesterday with a full Tank of fuel, a full valet etc...not had a chance to try it properly, but it showed 27.7mpg purely town driving on "Tank Average". The stereo memory is still there so I don't think that they have touched the ECU this time.

Yep, I mentioned the ground zero. After A trip yestedar from Chippenham to Stoke and then to Torquay and back I am on 42mpg.

I was in Lexus Bristol to get a quote for a new Grill after a sucidal Pheasant took it out, a whopping £221 for a bit of plastic, I asked about a new ECU upgrade and was told that there is a general recoall coming out on the 5th Injector and the letters will be going out on Wednesday! So it looks like there is something on the way!

Yep, I mentioned the ground zero. After A trip yestedar from Chippenham to Stoke and then to Torquay and back I am on 42mpg.

I was in Lexus Bristol to get a quote for a new Grill after a sucidal Pheasant took it out, a whopping £221 for a bit of plastic, I asked about a new ECU upgrade and was told that there is a general recoall coming out on the 5th Injector and the letters will be going out on Wednesday! So it looks like there is something on the way!

But how would i get the letter if i am purchasing from Stratstone(not Lexus dealer)

i will be the second owner

so would it be better i call Lexus Birmingham and ask what has already been done

on the car as the service book just shows 1 dealer stamp for 1st service

But how would i get the letter if i am purchasing from Stratstone(not Lexus dealer)

so would it be better i call Lexus Birmingham and ask what has already been done

if your car is still in the 3 year warranty bracket,just take it to any lexus dealer and ask,they will change it under the conditions of the warranty :shifty:

if your car is still in the 3 year warranty bracket,just take it to any lexus dealer and ask,they will change it under the conditions of the warranty :shifty:

That' right. I give up...

It's taken 6 weeks to get one new drivers side vent. I've just been told that the 5 minute job to change it out will take longer as the car is also due a recall - the dreaded 5th Injector - which they would like to do today too...

This'll be the 3rd fifth Injector this car is on, plus the numerous tweaks to the ECU's etc. This really isn't what I expected from a Lexus...

Has anyone else been recalled and if so did it improve anything?

Had a call from Lexus Edware Road recalling mine for a new 5th Injector; seems they are fitting modified ones now.

This is a recall by Lexus, although I never had a letter.

Mine came back yesterday with a full Tank of fuel, a full valet etc...not had a chance to try it properly, but it showed 27.7mpg purely town driving on "Tank Average". The stereo memory is still there so I don't think that they have touched the ECU this time.

Hi Jamboo

Thought I'd let you know how I'm doing with my new motor 1 week in. I've not actually had a long run on the motorway yet but 3 return trips to Grantham & I'm averaging 48.8mpg, which is a vast improvement on the 31 I was achieving at the end!

The last week of owning the IS was quite worrying as it began showing signs of breaking down again (serious turbo lag, juddering!) but it didn't. I must admit to laughing when I received the recall 2 days after it was collected!!

Hi Jamboo

Thought I'd let you know how I'm doing with my new motor 1 week in. I've not actually had a long run on the motorway yet but 3 return trips to Grantham & I'm averaging 48.8mpg, which is a vast improvement on the 31 I was achieving at the end!

The last week of owning the IS was quite worrying as it began showing signs of breaking down again (serious turbo lag, juddering!) but it didn't. I must admit to laughing when I received the recall 2 days after it was collected!!

is that 48.8 on ur 320d?

jamboo: have they fitted the new vents? has it stopped any rattles?

Hi Jamboo

is that 48.8 on ur 320d?

Yes & it's auto!

Hi Jamboo

is that 48.8 on ur 320d?

Yes & it's auto!

is your model with the efficient dynamics

Harry - nice one - 48.8 in an Auto diesel!!

On a run you should break 50mpg.

Question again - is it Efficient dynamics? I didn't think the auto 3 series was ED yet (5 series is with the new "electronic fly by wire joystick" auto)...that normally helps in town only...

PS - is it new? On tight engine that is very good indeed...

PPS - that one rattle is now thankfully gone...just 4 more which I believe are not easily fixable:

1 in the centre of the dash, behind the MM. This a recurrence of the "dash out" job, and I'm not prepared to have that done again

1 around the sat nav screen - more creaking then enything

1 on the centre console by the left leg

1 in the passenger seat - could be fixed but hopefully the car will be gone before it's out of warranty anyway.

Question again - is it Efficient dynamics? I didn't think the auto 3 series was ED yet (5 series is with the new "electronic fly by wire joystick" auto)...that normally helps in town only...

Apparently it is?!?

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/efficient_dynamics/bc/homepage

It's an ex-demo with 2500m, Leather, Metallic, Bluetooth registered Jan 1st 2008 and paid £25k. So far so good, on the plus side it drives much better and the fuel econ is much, much better. On the down side, it's one of a million on the road and it's not as pretty to look at.

You pays ya money..............................

Apparently it is?!?

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/efficient_dynamics/bc/homepage

It's an ex-demo with 2500m, Leather, Metallic, Bluetooth registered Jan 1st 2008 and paid £25k. So far so good, on the plus side it drives much better and the fuel econ is much, much better. On the down side, it's one of a million on the road and it's not as pretty to look at.

You pays ya money..............................

Nice one - if it' the 177bhp (which it will be having been reg'd in january) then I'm sure it is - though I'd love to know how the stop/start works on an Auto...I'll ask next time go round to the "currently refurbishing Sytner dealership on the A563" for a nose...

back on topic -

I did 65 miles over the weekend, all A road hovering between 55 and 65mph, and including approx 12 miles of town driving over 2 stints the previous week, the Tank Average reads 32mpg...hhmmmm....so real could be 30mpg!

Something is seriously wrong with this car...it is so inconsistent that it worries me. It means yet another trip under warranty...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links