Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cool I asked andy about it a few weeks ago when I was in there but he didnt think they would be getting one till summer will have to pop in and take a look

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Terry but im after a thrashed/timed lap.

As they don't appear to have published the results I'm guessing it's disappointing, as they're not shy of saying the LF-A did it in 7 mins 24secs.

All I can find is are these comparitive times of the IS-F on other circuits http://www.fastestlaps.com/car4742e0c8d2ba3.html

Doesn't look too good...I'd have an RS4 2007 model over it any day, and I haven't changed my mind since I saw the two together in the Houston Autoshow early in 2007.

• 3 weeks later...

As they don't appear to have published the results I'm guessing it's disappointing, as they're not shy of saying the LF-A did it in 7 mins 24secs.

All I can find is are these comparitive times of the IS-F on other circuits http://www.fastestlaps.com/car4742e0c8d2ba3.html

Doesn't look too good...I'd have an RS4 2007 model over it any day, and I haven't changed my mind since I saw the two together in the Houston Autoshow early in 2007.

Doesn't happen very often :whistling: but I may have to eat a little bit of humble pie as I had a good look around the new IS-F in Lexus Cheltenham today. I notice it's had a few subtle design changes since I first saw it nearly two years ago at the Houston Autoshow, the bonnet doesn't look quite so bulbous (may be the colour) but the side vents behind the front wheels have now been blended in to the front wings and side skirts, whereas the electric blue early show version looked as if they were a bolt on afterthought.

The advertised on the road price of £54,990 is a bit of a downer considering I could buy one in the States for what I paid for my IS250 SE-L in the UK. Also noticed those quad exhaust tips are still not connected to the exhaust pipes, despite some recent statements to the contrary.

Doesn't happen very often :whistling: but I may have to eat a little bit of humble pie as I had a good look around the new IS-F in Lexus Cheltenham today. I notice it's had a few subtle design changes since I first saw it nearly two years ago at the Houston Autoshow, the bonnet doesn't look quite so bulbous (may be the colour) but the side vents behind the front wheels have now been blended in to the front wings and side skirts, whereas the electric blue early show version looked as if they were a bolt on afterthought.

The advertised on the road price of £54,990 is a bit of a downer considering I could buy one in the States for what I paid for my IS250 SE-L in the UK. Also noticed those quad exhaust tips are still not connected to the exhaust pipes, despite some recent statements to the contrary.

Interesting they've made some changes, as the bonnet is the part that I've never been too keen on either...........

The pipes are not connected, but there are 4 exhaust pipes (which is the part that was originally doubted), as the tips are attached to the bumper they can't be connected to the actual pipes, similar to how they are on the murcielago and stuff......

How does it taste? .... the humble pie that is.

The exhaust tips are not that bad considering Lamborghini have done the same on one of their recent models.

The exhaust tips are not that bad considering Lamborghini have done the same on one of their recent models.

I've only slightly revised my opinion :) as I cannot justify the price difference over my IS250. To be honest it doesn't look that much different and the difference in cost is all in the engine and transmission. If I get one it's going to have to go on the track to use it to full potential, or risk being banned within the first week of ownership. No, it's just not practical, no wonder they're not selling well in the UK.

I've only slightly revised my opinion :) as I cannot justify the price difference over my IS250. To be honest it doesn't look that much different and the difference in cost is all in the engine and transmission. If I get one it's going to have to go on the track to use it to full potential, or risk being banned within the first week of ownership. No, it's just not practical, no wonder they're not selling well in the UK.

Your right its certainly not practical, however it does work as normal round the streets road car. But it's like any car which such speed and power none of them are practical.

To my knowlegde the UK Sales figures are not bad at all, when I was at couple of Lexus dealerships recently, I spoke to one guy who had a white BMW M3 with 700 miles on the clock, he was there to px it for a white IS F, I asked why are you swapping when you've only had your BMW for such a short time, his response was when you drive an IS F you'll know, he also said the 'rare' factor also appeals to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look at the IS-F they had in Lexus Sheffield today. Thought the exterior looked fab in the Aztec Fire colour (not sure when the new name for that colour is).

There doesnt seem to be much change on the interior. I must admit and its only my personal opinion, if i was spending £50k on a car i would want a bit more drama.....each to there own though

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links