Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speedo Calibration On Imports

Robin H

I've recently changed the final drive on my Altezza from 4.1 to 4.5 and now the speedo reads over

I was wondering who re-calibrates the speedo cluster when you import a car ???

Is this done by the importer or is this done at the test centre

can anyone help as I'm looking to get mine done

I not sure about recalibration but I put "speedometer calibration" into google and got results so it's just a matter of picking thru them.

The only other thing I could suggest is to see if there is an alternative speedometer transducer/drive cog ratio available for the ratio you have.

The only thing that was done on mine was conversion to MPH and delimiting both done by an additional black box fitment and this seems correct when compared to sat nav indicated speed.

• 14 years later...
On 4/28/2008 at 6:41 PM, steve2006 said:

I not sure about recalibration but I put "speedometer calibration" into google and got results so it's just a matter of picking thru them.

The only other thing I could suggest is to see if there is an alternative speedometer transducer/drive cog ratio available for the ratio you have.

The only thing that was done on mine was conversion to MPH and delimiting both done by an additional black box fitment and this seems correct when compared to sat nav indicated speed.

Hi Steve, any idea on how i could convert an IS350 to mph? thanks

Hi Aadil, if the same clocks are used in the IS250 UK model you may be able to fit the complete cluster.

This was done in my Celsior before I purchased it and the mileage was also corrected to match.

Does your cluster show both MPH and KPH? If it does you can buy a a 4 wire convertor.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:05 PM, steve2006 said:

Hi Aadil, if the same clocks are used in the IS250 UK model you may be able to fit the complete cluster.

This was done in my Celsior before I purchased it and the mileage was also corrected to match.

Does your cluster show both MPH and KPH? If it does you can buy a a 4 wire convertor.

Hi were can you buy this 4 wire converter. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2022 at 9:05 PM, steve2006 said:

Hi Steve, sorry just saw your reply on this.

Hoping to get my IS350 in the New Year and I can check if it shows both MPH and KPH.

Whats a 4 wire convertor? I've had a google and it only mentions a lead converting power connector to a ISO connector?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links