Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scratch Remover Any Good?

Andy-R

The local b :tsktsk: d cats seem to enjoy partying on my car on a regular basis and are playing havoc scratching my pride and joy to bits and polish just isn't good enough, has anyone used the scratch remover stuff you see in the sunday papers magazines it's called g14 or something like that it's about £14 a bottle, just want to know if it's any good or is it too good to be true being able to remove scratches that easily :)

The local b :tsktsk: d cats seem to enjoy partying on my car on a regular basis and are playing havoc scratching my pride and joy to bits and polish just isn't good enough, has anyone used the scratch remover stuff you see in the sunday papers magazines it's called g14 or something like that it's about £14 a bottle, just want to know if it's any good or is it too good to be true being able to remove scratches that easily :)
don't know about g14 but i know cats hate the smell of amonia, put some around the place to keep the cats away.

Might not be called g14 that just seems to ring a bell, will have to wait untill the weekend and have another look in the papers, like the sound of the stuff from Lexus any idea how much it is :question: most stuff seems to be around a tenner.

As for amonia around the car I was thinking more like a shot gun, pittbull or connecting the car to the mains that would teach the little b :tsktsk: s, what is the point of cats anyway.

sounds like one of the farecla polishes, tehy do what they say in the tin, but are relatively "low-tech" and will dust a fait bit.

there is no magic way of making swirls/scratches permanently dissapear, only cutting them back with some form of polish will ever do that - but it'll take forever by hand. some products can ,mask/fill the swirls, but its only a temporary fix.

have a look on www.detailingworld.co.uk at the guides on there for a better explanation....

if its really bad you could try using some 2000gritt sand paper wet on a block, flat the scratches back(taking it easy of course) and polishing up the shine. i work as a paint and pannel tech for a living so its a shame your not local to me as id of done it for ya :)

if ya need any help send me a PM.

if its really bad you could try using some 2000gritt sand paper wet on a block, flat the scratches back(taking it easy of course) and polishing up the shine. i work as a paint and pannel tech for a living so its a shame your not local to me as id of done it for ya :)

if ya need any help send me a PM.

Cheers, the missus's uncle works for an accident repair centre doing the spraying so will see if he can have a look problem is he's always really busy. Was hoping there was an easier way to get rid but i'll just have to live with them at the mo (think i'll let the dog sleep in the car stop it getting worse) :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links