Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi all,

i have a Mk 1 gs300 sport. the 2 front tyres need changing. at the moment its pirelli p zeros. im not too fussed on brand, just as long as they're good.

specs are:

245/40/ ZR18

any suggestions, advice?

thanks in advance

:unsure:

I've found Uniroyal Rainsport 1 good value but Rainsport 2 has superceded them. I personally found Pzero useless-on car when I got it. Just fitted Falken 452 on rear and very happy with them so far.

Mine had Falken 452's on when I got it, was quite impressed with them and decent value for money. I am now running Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's as my preferred choice. Can't fault them.

My money will forever be going on Michelin Piolot Sport tyres. I had two put on the front of my old GS300 and they were awsome. Good in wet, road noise seriously reduced etc. Just had a pair put on the back of my LS430. The back of the car seems quiet so I can't wait for the horrible Dunlops to wear out on the front so I can replace them.

GS300 sport mk1

245 40 18 Michelin Pilot Sport 2 Fronts

275 40 18 Falken 452 on rears sound as a pound.

I did get around 19k out of bridgestone rears last time I was impressed with wear but I dont race around. Very happy with current setup in wet and dry.

GS300 sport mk1

245 40 18 Michelin Pilot Sport 2 Fronts

275 40 18 Falken 452 on rears sound as a pound.

I did get around 19k out of bridgestone rears last time I was impressed with wear but I dont race around. Very happy with current setup in wet and dry.

Best advice I got get your wheels tracking laser aligned and setup properly, money well spent.

thanks for all your advice guys,

i've made my choice

tyres

the money i am saving from that is going to get is laser aligned.

i picked up these tyres at £94 each fitted with a garage 1 mile away! fitting is due friday so i hope it goes well.

i'll start up from these tyres and judge next time round. there is so many opinions i feel i have to eventually work out mine. i can't justify spending £150 per tyre seeing i cant speed on the roads anyway!!

see ya!

B)

i've got P Zero's on mine at the moment. when they give up im going for a cheapy set of anything. i've had a couple of cars now and gone for the expensive stuff and cheapy. i've found theres no difference apart from how the pattern looks.

i use http://www.mytyres.co.uk to check prices. they also review tyres.

245/45/18

bridgestone:

Average based on 55 completed reviews

Score: 1-Excellent 6-Terrible OVERALL RESULT 1.9

Grip under dry conditions 1.4

Braking under dry conditions 1.5

Grip under wet conditions 2.0

Braking under wet conditions 2.0

Grip in snow 5.0

Comfort 2.1

Noise level (internal) 2.0

Noise level (external) 2.0

Tyre wear 2.5

Kilometers driven 19.783

cheapy kenda

Average based on 16 completed reviews

Score: 1-Excellent 6-Terrible OVERALL RESULT 2.1

Grip under dry conditions 1.7

Braking under dry conditions 1.8

Grip under wet conditions 2.6

Braking under wet conditions 2.7

Grip in snow 5.3

Comfort 1.8

Noise level (internal) 1.2

Noise level (external) 1.4

Tyre wear 2.2

Kilometers driven 9.356

as you can see the expensive £148 bridgestones got 1.9 against the kenda £77 2.1 the kenda bettered the bridgestone on comfort and noise levels.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links