Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Scratch Down Door Trim -paint Problem

I have a granite sky IS200 paint code 1C6....Someone has scratched the trim the length of one of the rear doors: (the trim that runs horizontally along the door)

Went to Halfords who assured me that they do 50,000 colour matches blah blah so they made me up a can of 1C6 for £10.99...I thought I would try this route first

Needless to say its much too dark even with laquer applied so am now looking at other options.

Do Lexus do the trim...already painted? if so is it easy to fit

If not, has anyone used the Lexus paint (appreciate should have tried them first)...?does it come in spray form

Or should I just go with 'chips away' or similar and fork out and hope they can get a decent match

any help appreciated.

Hey matey, last time I tried to get spray paint from Lexus they told me to go to Toyota, I got two cans from them which was a perfect match - i'd try that.

Hey matey, last time I tried to get spray paint from Lexus they told me to go to Toyota, I got two cans from them which was a perfect match - i'd try that.

cheers..i will give that a go..I wonder if Halfords will refund my £10.99.(.more a point of principal after the bull they fed me after assuring me there paint matching was the bees bollox.).clearly it isnt

I have a granite sky IS200 paint code 1C6....Someone has scratched the trim the length of one of the rear doors: (the trim that runs horizontally along the door)

Went to Halfords who assured me that they do 50,000 colour matches blah blah so they made me up a can of 1C6 for £10.99...I thought I would try this route first

Needless to say its much too dark even with laquer applied so am now looking at other options.

Do Lexus do the trim...already painted? if so is it easy to fit

If not, has anyone used the Lexus paint (appreciate should have tried them first)...?does it come in spray form

Or should I just go with 'chips away' or similar and fork out and hope they can get a decent match

any help appreciated.

You can buy the trim from lexus dealers, that comes in the right colour :D now if it was silver (plat ice) i could of sorted you out :D

thanks for that Gord..quote for the trim was £79 +vat.. Lexus stated they dont do the spray paint anymore!!

havent tried Toyota yet..problem is the other trim has a few dinks so need to way up the cost of getting two new trims or getting both sprayed.. Lexus pointed me towards the 'smart' body repair shop they use, will get a quote from them

thanks for that Gord..quote for the trim was £79 +vat..

:ohmy: How much?? ****, I need one of them! The one on my drivers side door is bowing out in the middle but at that price, I'll have a go at getting some glue behind it!

mines also a granite sky 1c6, i bought 12 litres of spies hecker unmixed, before celly paint price went threw the roof, now its £84 a litre if you can get it as we are all water based now, im painting a few bits on mine so if you send me the trim i will paint it for free aslong as you pay postage, i can highlite or tone down the paint to suit your car colour, and i do it for a living, smart body will charge you at least £60 for 10 minutes work,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links