Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P C Help! Please

T7RY B

My wifes PC....

She switches it on then clicks on Internet Explorer.. Instead of the page coming up as normal, a box appears in the Taskbar at the bottom of the page.

If you click on it the page disappears to the right of the screen and can''t be retreived?

If she "switches user" then does the same operation then the page comes up as normal but obviously it's not got her favourites etc.

I am assuming that it is something to do with settings but don't know where to start!

Any help would be fantastic.

Terry

I think I know what's happened here. Get her to log in again and fire up Internet Explorer. When you see it in the taskbar, right click on it and click on maximize. The window will then maximize on the screen. Then close the window as normal with the "X" in the top corner. Next time she fires it up it should be ok. Somehow she must have flicked the window to the side of the screen.

Tried that Gary No joy! Tried restore and nothing. Doing my head in now.

After clicking on restore - try right clicking the internet explorer on the taskbar and select "Move". The mouse cursor should disappear (it should have moved it to the title bar of the hidden window) - now hold the left mouse button down and move the mouse to the left whilst still holding the left button down. If IE has been moved off screen you should be able to move it back like this.

hope that helps.

Probably just better resetting the screen registry keys for IE.

Run Regedit.

Go to :

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Delete:

window_placement

Go to

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\OldWorkAreas

Delete

OldWorkAreaRects

It will recreate both with defaults. You may need to reboot so it re-reads this part of the registry again. Pretty sure it lives in memory.

Probably just better resetting the screen registry keys for IE.

Run Regedit.

Go to :

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Delete:

window_placement

Go to

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\OldWorkAreas

Delete

OldWorkAreaRects

It will recreate both with defaults. You may need to reboot so it re-reads this part of the registry again. Pretty sure it lives in memory.

In my mind, this is how I see Geoffers dealing with windows problems

matrix_neo.jpg

(although probably holding a jaffa cake in the other hand)

Tried that Gary No joy! Tried restore and nothing. Doing my head in now.

After clicking on restore - try right clicking the internet explorer on the taskbar and select "Move". The mouse cursor should disappear (it should have moved it to the title bar of the hidden window) - now hold the left mouse button down and move the mouse to the left whilst still holding the left button down. If IE has been moved off screen you should be able to move it back like this.

hope that helps.

Thanks to ALL of you for your help and advice Hando what you said worked.

Ta

In my mind, this is how I see Geoffers dealing with windows problems

matrix_neo.jpg

(although probably holding a jaffa cake in the other hand)

:lol::lol::lol:

Glad its working Tel.

Thanks Geoff. Will try and get more posts in. Really haven't had much time lately Been up to my neck in it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links