Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Took delivery of our first Lexus IS220D this Sunday lunchtime. Cant stop smiling !!!!!

The colour is even better than i thought it would be. Almost all of my cars are red/burgundy, but this one is just stunning.

Sounds like someones a VERY happy chap :D look forward to seeing some pic's :D

Just need a window of opportunity, so that the missus thinks i have done all my chores, before legging it outside to take some pics.

I honestly did not think this car would be this good. Good yes but brilliant !!! Dealership also told me to bring the car to them every sunday and they valet clean it throughout for free !!!! Mercedes taking note? lol

Congratulations- you picked the best colour.

Pleased you like it....why did you pick the diesel engine?? :huh:

How do Tango,

good question really. We have started our own business about 7 months ago, and wanted a company car that would give the right impression. I have always had Merc's or BM's, but sold my SLK and CLK quite recently. Went into Merc's dealership and asked about the new C Class, but felt like they had turned their noses up at us when we walked in. lol...

Purely by accident we found the IS, and the offers given for use as a company car were really good. The diesel is purely monetary and mileage etc. Test drove the 250 over a long weekend and loved the engine/performance but thought about practicality's and the return for distances driven.

Going to keep the 220D for 3 years and if all goes well and we both take to them, then we will buy 2, one for each other. Me petrol obviously and the missus diesel .. lmao like that is going to happen....

How do Tango,

good question really. We have started our own business about 7 months ago, and wanted a company car that would give the right impression. I have always had Merc's or BM's, but sold my SLK and CLK quite recently. Went into Merc's dealership and asked about the new C Class, but felt like they had turned their noses up at us when we walked in. lol...

Purely by accident we found the IS, and the offers given for use as a company car were really good. The diesel is purely monetary and mileage etc. Test drove the 250 over a long weekend and loved the engine/performance but thought about practicality's and the return for distances driven.

Going to keep the 220D for 3 years and if all goes well and we both take to them, then we will buy 2, one for each other. Me petrol obviously and the missus diesel .. lmao like that is going to happen....

Mine looks like it's going to be a 'keeper', same as my IS200 :lol: ...If I get another ;) I'll have to build a bigger garage.

My previous bank manager is now an independent Financial Advisor, and he bought two second gen IS's after seeing mine....he picked the 220D based on economy but his business partner went for the petrol....I'll have to ask him what the difference is on running costs and depreciation :whistling:

How do Tango,

Mine looks like it's going to be a 'keeper', same as my IS200 :lol: ...If I get another ;) I'll have to build a bigger garage.

My previous bank manager is now an independent Financial Advisor, and he bought two second gen IS's after seeing mine....he picked the 220D based on economy but his business partner went for the petrol....I'll have to ask him what the difference is on running costs and depreciation :whistling:

HEHEHE, now that would be very interesting to hear, especially the running costs. May put my mind at rest too.

As for a larger garage, i had mine all ready to store my other pride and joy. Ferrari 348, oldun, but that dream ended in dust, got loads of books on it though, and had some brilliant test drives. Garage is now full of furniture and empty beer bottles.

Cest La Vie ?

post-24018-1211210036.jpg

Hi mate welcome to LOC....must say really nice lookng car and also the colour is lovely aswell..not a great colour ( red ) fan but that is really nice. :)

Thanks Daz, appreciate it.

No probs Chris :D ...i really like the new shape IS....now just need to save a few more pennys and get a good price for mine... :lol: :D

Be good to see your car at some meets.

Hi Chris

Really nice motor mate glad your pleased with it. as said before will look out for you as that's a colour you don't see very often around here.

Thought i saw you the other day, but some bloke around the corner from me has just taken delivery of his 250, very nice too.

post-24018-1211210036.jpg

Hi mate welcome to LOC....must say really nice lookng car and also the colour is lovely aswell..not a great colour ( red ) fan but that is really nice. :)

Thanks Daz, appreciate it.

No probs Chris :D ...i really like the new shape IS....now just need to save a few more pennys and get a good price for mine... :lol: :D

Be good to see your car at some meets.

Deffo mate, will be attending meets.

MESA IS THE COLOUR OF THE YEAR

"CONGRATULATIONS"

LOL !!!! Hows Blackpool these days Shoggy?

Spent quite a few years of my life up that way. Freckleton school, living in Warton for over 5 years. Great times....

nice car mate, think they look nice in any of the colour range :)

Thanks spike, have to admit i think the car would look great in any colour !!!

Anyone else notice thumbs up and waves from other Lexus drivers, especially 250 and 200 ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links