Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:question:

Hi Guys , sorry to raise an old question but am sure someone will know the part no,, for the power steering o-ring on a 95 LS.

Mine has just started to seep and i know the importance of sorting quickly, Have searched old threads and can only find the number for pre 95 but they will prob be the same.

Thanks in advance..

Steve.

That part number is actually the 'o' ring sealing the base of the reservoir.

I was LED to believe it was for a valve but it is not. I went through the Lexus exploded diagram at their parts outfit. I had to wait 3 days for the ring that cost £3.04.

I could not get the spanner behind the top part of the engine and the res. even with the belt and the fly wheel removed. It looks like the whole pump will have to come off. It looks like there are 2 bolts holding the res. on. It appears to be a daft way to hold a reservoir on. Why could they not just have a screw on type like an oil filter type!

I just wrested with the alternator to put on another used one that appears not to work. This was one of the most contorting jobs I have ever done and I did not enjoy any of it.

I know it's tight to get the res off but I managed mine okay. Just needed wife to use her little fingers to get the bolts back in. All told it took just over an hour including taking off the air intake and maf sensor. I did not take off any pullies or the whole pump.

o-ring on order from lexus so now its a job for next w/end. Bearing in mind the last two posts im gona have to find a tutorial for it as sounds tricky. my mech skills are ok but nowhere near workshop standards lol.

steve.

o-ring on order from lexus so now its a job for next w/end. Bearing in mind the last two posts im gona have to find a tutorial for it as sounds tricky. my mech skills are ok but nowhere near workshop standards lol.

steve.

hi steve you have me worried here - i thought only the mark 1 and mark 2 suffered from that fault??? - my mark 3 has 76K on the clock - should i be worried?? - if yes please let me know where to look out for the oil leak etc

regards

miq

Mine is a 97 and it is clear whether it is leaking because you will see black dirty oil residue anywhere beneath the reservoir, esp. around the two air pipes leaving the sensor. It could of course be clumsy filling. It could be that there is a leak at the power steering end at the piston seals.

Well according to Bigste it is possible to sort out, its not hard mechanically (get a sucker thingy to empty the res first though) I'll have to try to suss out what the maf sensor is and where!

Is it on top of the engine?

I've heard of a company that does rewinds on alternators at a reasonable price as soon as I find out who and how much I'll post it.

hi miq , yep as described black oily buid-up below res. Mine has done 160,000 miles so our cars are miles (lol) apart. Just keep an eye out for it, they are over 10yrs old after all.

cheers steve.

Checkout this link where I posted several replies and you'll get all the info you need.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry495830

If you stand at the front of the car the air intake is at the front left. The maf sensor is half way along the big air intake pipe and it has wires going to it.

Thanks bigste, good link. Picked up my oring today so its a weekend job coming up,

thanks for the info.

steve.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links