Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sunroof Issues - Slide Function Not Working.

Just thought I'd share the following:

The sunroof on our RX started to play up today whereby when closing from the 'slide open' it would not do so because the anti-pinch function would kick-in just as it would reach the wind deflector. Managed to get it closed by manually holding down the deflector.

Thankfully we have an [extended] Lexus Warranty and after one quick call to Lexus, car is now booked in for a new sunroof assembly on 4th June.

I will post back the cost of repair just in case someone may suffer from this problem in the future, but not have a warranty, as an FYI so they will have an idea of costs.

...any ideas on what courtesy car I should ask for - I am thinking of an IS250? :)

The sunroof on our RX started to play up today whereby when closing from the 'slide open' it would not do so because the anti-pinch function would kick-in just as it would reach the wind deflector. Managed to get it closed by manually holding down the deflector.

Thankfully we have an [extended] Lexus Warranty and after one quick call to Lexus, car is now booked in for a new sunroof assembly on 4th June.

I will post back the cost of repair just in case someone may suffer from this problem in the future, but not have a warranty, as an FYI so they will have an idea of costs.

...any ideas on what courtesy car I should ask for - I am thinking of an IS250? :)

I had the IS250 (SE L) for a few days when I had the brake cylinder done. I didn't want to give it back!

Alan

Nice work to get it booked in so soon. Are you getting the work done at at Lexus Croydon where I seem to remember you bought the car?

I too bought my RX there but have been trying for a few months to get some warranty work done at Lexus Hedge End. It's not a serious problem but they are giving me the impression that they are not really interested. I am tempted to go elsewhere.

Go for the IS250. I had one as a loaner, loved it.

Nice work to get it booked in so soon. Are you getting the work done at at Lexus Croydon where I seem to remember you bought the car?

You are quite right :) It was bought as an AUC from Croydon, but living in MK it'll go to Lexus MK.

I have a totally no nonsnse attitude with low tolerance for stupid - my Dealers usually learn that very quickly. It usually takes one phone call ;)

Just be firm with your Dealer is what I can offer you as advice - you're the Customer, they are there to accomodate you.

Got the car back as promised properly cleaned and on time.

I did enquire about what they did and was informed the labour time for the work was 3.5 hours. Lexus MK charge £99 +VAT per hour (which is cheap compared to BMW and MB who are circa £140 +VAT) but they could not give me a precise cost of assembly. All in all, for a very simple minor sunroof issue its cost around £500 all in - which is silly money IMHO.

So, with the roof bars that were replaced earlier and now the sunroof, it seems as if we're 'up' on the cost of the extended warranty.

Very satisfied with Lexus MK - oh and we got a 400h for the day to play with - I still don't like it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just wondering ?

Not having an owners manual, I was just wondering if my sunroof is functioning normally ?

The slide switch does operate the sunroof backwards and forwards, however, if kept pressed when closing, it justs closes and then tilts/lifts up.

Is it supposed to and if so, when do you know when it is in the normally closed position ( as the time gap between slide closure and tilt opening is quite small ) ?

Should it not just slide close and stay closed ?

The wierd thing is that the tilt button does exactly the same thing - i.e. tilts up, then down and then is still pressed, starts the slide operation. Bot buttons seem to have exactly the same function.

If that's normal, then those Jap designers are strange chaps.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering ?

Not having an owners manual, I was just wondering if my sunroof is functioning normally ?

The slide switch does operate the sunroof backwards and forwards, however, if kept pressed when closing, it justs closes and then tilts/lifts up.

Is it supposed to and if so, when do you know when it is in the normally closed position ( as the time gap between slide closure and tilt opening is quite small ) ?

Should it not just slide close and stay closed ?

The wierd thing is that the tilt button does exactly the same thing - i.e. tilts up, then down and then is still pressed, starts the slide operation. Bot buttons seem to have exactly the same function.

If that's normal, then those Jap designers are strange chaps.

Finally managed to sort the wierd fault out. Details here.......

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=13790&st=0&gopid=717011entry717011

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links