Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Had Car Serviced

Hi All,

I know a service is not much to write home about but just thought i would put a post up to say thankyou to James at Toyota GT.

Dropped car off this morning at 9.00am and they gave the car a full service and picked it up at 4pm.

Was a major service 120k to be precise and i was worried that the waterpump might fail at some time in the near future so had this replaced and as they had the cam belt off i had this done as well even though it was changed along with the tensioner and idler.

They changed waterpump, coolant, cambelt, all other belts, water bypass pipe and o rings, normal service things, oil filter and oil, adjusted handbrake and all the normal service things. They sorted out my rear brake calipers that needed some attention and so far all is good.

well impressed with James's knowledge of all things Toyota and will be taking my car there from now on for future services and possibly more................although i think i may be a fair bit off of the 2JZ conversion he kept trying to get me to do :whistling::shifty:

Highly recommend this place to anyone who needs some work doing.

In total i paid £296 and i supplied the waterpump, bypass pipe, belts, coolant and they supplied the rest. I thought that was a very good price considering they where working on the car nearly all day!!!!

Jason :P

great stuff mate, where did you get the water pump from? ive just had my 120k serviced and thr garage said its running like a dream still, apart from the fact i need my water pump replacing.

great stuff mate, where did you get the water pump from? ive just had my 120k serviced and thr garage said its running like a dream still, apart from the fact i need my water pump replacing.

should of got the water pump done at the same time as they will need to remove the cambelt etc to get to the water pump.

Got it from eBay, was about £55 delivered. Its not an OEM one but sort of is!?!?!? its made in the same factory as the oem ones and using the same parts, just not in a toyota box :whistling:

should of got the water pump done at the same time as they will need to remove the cambelt etc to get to the water pump.

Got it from eBay, was about £55 delivered. Its not an OEM one but sort of is!?!?!? its made in the same factory as the oem ones and using the same parts, just not in a toyota box :whistling:

Glad your happy!

James

• 3 months later...

talking of water pumps and as my car is off the road at the moment, I've heard loads of times as this being a common problem, can someone tell me the syptoms of a dodgy water pump please?

Look for stains around the pump, if you can see red/dried out stains, your pump is leaking. Also change the by-pass-pipe and 'o' rings as well if you are changing the waterpump.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links