Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Disaster Pt2

Cho.........something doesnt add up right.

Firstly I had the JE pistons from Tdi and at 9.5.1 was told would work OK with TTE s/c which from what I've been told by other people is OK.

What comp ratio were yours ?

secondly are weston HKS power writers ?

thirdly what dyno do they use ?

fourthly What % loss did they factor in (should be 18% ish if they did less would explain diff)

fifthly what diameter is your bigger pulley ?

sixthly waht boost are you making ?

For what its worth I'd not get it looked at by abbey motorsport as you should be getting atb least 240bhp at the fly from this set up

If you want more then go turbo or by something else...............

Im not sure what comp ratio the pistons were, weston are HKS power writers and they used a dyno dynamics rolling road the boost is runing at 0.5 bar not sure about the other things will have to check. I thought the loss of power was downto the lower compression pistons, the guys at thor said the compression ration was 9.1.1 but need to check, does that sound totally wrong?

sounds right to me.

so really the only thing that has happened is diff pistons and map ?

what is the bhp/torque now ?

Cho.........something doesnt add up right.

Firstly I had the JE pistons from Tdi and at 9.5.1 was told would work OK with TTE s/c which from what I've been told by other people is OK.

What comp ratio were yours ?

secondly are weston HKS power writers ?

thirdly what dyno do they use ?

fourthly What % loss did they factor in (should be 18% ish if they did less would explain diff)

fifthly what diameter is your bigger pulley ?

sixthly waht boost are you making ?

For what its worth I'd not get it looked at by abbey motorsport as you should be getting atb least 240bhp at the fly from this set up

If you want more then go turbo or by something else...............

Im not sure what comp ratio the pistons were, weston are HKS power writers and they used a dyno dynamics rolling road the boost is runing at 0.5 bar not sure about the other things will have to check. I thought the loss of power was downto the lower compression pistons, the guys at thor said the compression ration was 9.1.1 but need to check, does that sound totally wrong?

sounds right to me.

so really the only thing that has happened is diff pistons and map ?

what is the bhp/torque now ?

Checked with Thor and the compression is currently 170 psi

That's very encouraging to see the car back together again Charnjit :)

The power does seem to be extraordinarilly low so it may be worth considering getting a professisonal opinion or review.

As the only communication we have had recently was a request regarding our stage 2 pulley kit, I would like to put closure to the outstanding issue of the blame for the failure of your engine.

As I did clearly state that we would pay if it was found that we were to blame, please let me know if you or your contractors found any fault with our work that caused the engine failure.

Thanks and best regards :)

As I did clearly state that we would pay if it was found that we were to blame, please let me know if you or your contractors found any fault with our work that caused the engine failure.

Did you give Cho all the relevant information he asked you for, so cho's contractors could work out the fault or faults :question:

Glad things seem to be working out now :D

The power does seem to be extraordinarilly low so it may be worth considering getting a professisonal opinion or review.

As the only communication we have had recently was a request regarding our stage 2 pulley kit, I would like to put closure to the outstanding issue of the blame for the failure of your engine.

Sorry if this is off topic...... Are TDI back as a trader again? Not had anything posted from yourselves for ages so got me wondering..... how come it still says Authorised Trader under the Avatar yet other (former) traders have had bit that removed :question:

• 2 weeks later...

I have not have an engineers report carried out due to the mounting costs and my priority was to get my car running. There still remain problems with my fuel gauge, engine management light, traction control light still flashing, car still does not start properly from cold. All these problems were present after the stage 1 conversion and none before.

I have not have an engineers report carried out due to the mounting costs and my priority was to get my car running. There still remain problems with my fuel gauge, engine management light, traction control light still flashing, car still does not start properly from cold. All these problems were present after the stage 1 conversion and none before.

sounds like a high quality install then ! Dont know about you but i would be making lots of noise to get the fault lights,guage and starting problem fixed FOC - it worked before it went into TDI so i expect it to work when it comes out - simple as!!!!!

sounds like a high quality install then ! Dont know about you but i would be making lots of noise to get the fault lights,guage and starting problem fixed FOC - it worked before it went into TDI so i expect it to work when it comes out - simple as!!!!!

not really as it will be caused by lexus component failure :whistling:

not really as it will be caused by lexus component failure :whistling:

or toyota !

my fuel guage doesnt work and the engine management light is on

obviously it must be the HKS equipment

:unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links