Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Waterless Wash

TUFF1

Has anyone on here tried any of the waterless car products thats going around at the mo?

And does it do what it says, without leaving any swirl marks to the paint work.

opinons please :winky:

That's what i thought, but the guys who are selling these products swear there will be no swirl marks to the paint,

they say all prodcuts leave swirl marks.

Is this a fact or does it boil down to the person applying the products?

I used Proshine Spray & Shine on my last car and wife's car with no problem. It was ideal when away from home using hotels etc. It can be very useful as it really is waterless. The product contains carnauba wax but also encapsulates dirt etc. and I never got swirl marks using microfibre cloths. The downside was that it could not be used if car was at all wet.

• 1 year later...
Has anyone on here tried any of the waterless car products thats going around at the mo?

And does it do what it says, without leaving any swirl marks to the paint work.

opinons please :winky:

Hi, I regularly use a product called showroom shine that I get from Ideal World the shopping channel. I find this does exactly what it should do without swirl marks. my car is windsor blue so is susceptible to swirls so I would notice. Just a word of caution, use sparingly and it is easy. Too much and it is hard work. Leaves a very clean car and you can even do your wheels. Spray on and use a microfibre cloth to activate. Use another microfibre cloth to buff.

Manxy

I used a professional waterless valet service on my last car before I sold it, did the trick as the first viewer bought it for asking price.

http://www.waterlessdetailers.co.uk/

No swirl marks, but TBH I don't see what so different about that compared to a normal valet and proper dry off.

Great website - They seem to 'have made' Portuguese villas that you can select from ??!!? :question:

Also, all their offices appear to made out of rubbish - Quote "All of our offices are ex eco homes, made form re-used waste." - could be a bit smelly.

They also appear to dabble in German U-boat cleaning as well but I think their staff have deformed hands - Quote "You boat will look like brand new after we have had oour hands on it!!

In case you are stuck for somewhere to live while your German submarine is having it's carpets cleaned, they also do a nice line in flats to rent as well!!!!

I think I'd steer well clear of letting them loose on my Lexus paintwork.....

The Ed

A number of members on DW have converted to using Optimum No Rinse (ONR).

Of course, the amount/type of dirt that the waterless products have to contend with, will determine the likelihood of swirls being generated.

If the car has a good LSP (wax/sealant) on it, which shrugs off a lot of grime, then they can be quite effective.

Also having good deep pile microfibre cloths/towels will be mandatory too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have become a convert to waterless cleaning, and others might want to try it, given that we have quite widespread hosepipe bans this summer. I use the Proshine version but would guess that most of them do pretty much the same job. It leaves no swirl marks and a gives a very good shine. No doubt a full valet job with claybar etc could improve on that and I would consider doing (or paying for) that once or twice a year, but for day to day cleaning the great bonus of using a waterless product is that it is so quick and easy. I can clean the car so quickly and with so little hassle that I can (and do) keep it that way almost all the time. It is no big deal if it rains the next day - I just clean it again when the rain has stopped (or perhaps just clean the flanks and rear). It shrugs off most of the rain and dirt anyway; rain beads well on it and the body feels very slippery if you draw a cloth across it, just as if it had been waxed or polished in the usual way. The proshine alloy wheel polish /protector also does a good job of repelling brake dust, so the wheels stay clean and shiny for longer. The jury is still out on their screenwash, carpet and leather products - they seem OK, but I don't know if they are any better than others I have used.

I don't think I would try to get roadsalt off without a hose, but for ordinary purposes the waterless stuff does the job just fine. I have also used it on a friend's car which had not seen a car wash for months. The transformation was both quick and amazing. Encrusted dirt and tree sap etc came off easily, revealing a surprisingly good finish underneath.

I reluctantly tried 'greased lightning [advertised on TV] after I was given a bottle.

I couldn't bring myself to use it without washing the car though. old habits die hard.

Very sceptical but I must admit it gave an excellent finish,without too much effort and

the next time I used it was better still, appearing show the car colour better.

Not had a long term trial but impressed up to now, though I only used Autoglim before..

Plenty of people raving about how good it is on the website.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The all-natural formula actually captures and reduces dirt particles and lifts them off the surface of your vehicle. This unique ability prevents scratches, unlike a traditional car care products, which merely grinds in dirt. There's even an advanced engine oil treatment to keep your car well lubricated and always running in top condition. It is necessary for car health.

• 1 year later...

I have used some waterless -wash stuff called 'Spray 'n' Shine ' (£20 for 5ltrs), which I found on the net. I was a bit sceptical at first, but it actually works brilliantly. NO scratches or swirls on my lovely Chichester Blue LS and the shine is fantastic. Now with the hose-pipe ban in place I will have the shiniest car on our street. Little tip-- don't use in the hot sun though -- best results I found were when the paintwork was cool. Five litres is enough for dozens of 'washes'.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links