Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oem Sat Nav Input

After many months of negotiations, failed attempts, blowing things up...

I have finally managed to get a unit made up that will convert your OEM sat nav screen to accept a video input..

Its set to work with a rear view camera and will auto trigger it on reverse.

It requires splicing of 4 wires at the back of the nav screen and a power soucre that works of the ignition like the cig lighter or power antenna/remote lead on aftermarket stereos.

I currently have one for myself that has one input but will be changing this to a dual input. its a very small unit and will sit behind your glove box and then you can run a dvd player to it or a games machine..

I have a PS2 wired in :winky:

all in it was cheap costs wise but took a while to get it all figured out..

will post pics later..

i will be organising a group buy, if there is any interest, once i get confirmed prices but likely to be around £125 / £150 all in..

Excellent news, well done!

Out of interest, do you get interference lines scrolling up and down the screen in this video mode?

nothing at all..

i played a dvd of the ps2, played tekken 5 and then switched to the ipod video and watch ed a few mins of house party.. all 100% ok.

im a happy chappy..

now.. back to finishing the rest of the install!!

Well done.

What are you using to switch input from sat-nav to aux-in? is it a remote or a wired in switch?

Either way - look forward to hearing the full details as I'll probably be interested when the group buy comes up.

Well done.

What are you using to switch input from sat-nav to aux-in? is it a remote or a wired in switch?

Either way - look forward to hearing the full details as I'll probably be interested when the group buy comes up.

its on a wired switch which i have flush mounted next to the heated seat switch.

wil post up pics once my dash is back together..

• 1 month later...

ok,

so i wanted to test this for a while to ensure i had no problems.

i have beed using the single input unit now for a month now with no problems..

050720081325xa9.jpg

it works great and some of you may have seen this working with video or PS2 at the LOC WIM meet..

i will be getting a final price on monday and will be able to give full prices including fitting instructions. but it looks a little cheaper than i first thought at around £110 + delivery.

I need to make everybody aware of a few things.

It does not do audio input to an oem stereo so you will need to get this seperately.

If you wish to use with an aftermarket stereo you will need to esnure it has audio in and that you can still use the sat nav through either fargos bypass box or by other methods which im happy to share but involes taking appart your oem stereo

It does require cutting 4 wires on the sat nav loom but is VERY easy. I will supply info on which to cut specific to your year / model

I am happy to supply but each purchase will come with a disclaimer that i am in no way responsible for any damage that you cause as a result of fitting or form any accidents if you use the screen while driving.

I am happy to answer any questions on this and can post pics up of anything that you are unsure of.

So..

can i have some idea of who may want one of these and if you want a single input or single input + reverse camera.

• 4 months later...
ok,

so i wanted to test this for a while to ensure i had no problems.

i have beed using the single input unit now for a month now with no problems..

050720081325xa9.jpg

it works great and some of you may have seen this working with video or PS2 at the LOC WIM meet..

i will be getting a final price on monday and will be able to give full prices including fitting instructions. but it looks a little cheaper than i first thought at around £110 + delivery.

I need to make everybody aware of a few things.

It does not do audio input to an oem stereo so you will need to get this seperately.

If you wish to use with an aftermarket stereo you will need to esnure it has audio in and that you can still use the sat nav through either fargos bypass box or by other methods which im happy to share but involes taking appart your oem stereo

It does require cutting 4 wires on the sat nav loom but is VERY easy. I will supply info on which to cut specific to your year / model

I am happy to supply but each purchase will come with a disclaimer that i am in no way responsible for any damage that you cause as a result of fitting or form any accidents if you use the screen while driving.

I am happy to answer any questions on this and can post pics up of anything that you are unsure of.

So..

can i have some idea of who may want one of these and if you want a single input or single input + reverse camera.

Would this work with the cd version sat nav?

other methods which im happy to share but involes taking appart your oem stereo

namely stripping the headunit and removing a pcb and tucking this out of the way, details over on is300.net.

do you still do the bypass box?

no, others have simply extended the wires and put the whole headunit in the boot. which is better thean stripping the headunit as you may bugger it if you need to sell the motor with it in..

FYI useful audio posts US or A stylee

i stripped the unit down but can also put it back together!!

any chance of posting up how the bypass box was built>>

not even for the good of LOC!! :flowers:
i will be organising a group buy, if there is any interest, once i get confirmed prices but likely to be around £125 / £150 all in..

and errr your excuse is.........

not even for the good of LOC!! :flowers:

and errr your excuse is.........

??

i havent get a bypass box?? i use the main board out of the stereo and it works fine for me..

im not really that concerned tbh but though if you arent selling em then its a shame to let a great idea go to waste.. maybe one of the traders might buy the design and sell them on? Prolex maybe??

other methods which im happy to share but involes taking appart your oem stereo

namely stripping the headunit and removing a pcb and tucking this out of the way, details over on is300.net.

do you still do the bypass box?

no, others have simply extended the wires and put the whole headunit in the boot. which is better thean stripping the headunit as you may bugger it if you need to sell the motor with it in..

FYI useful audio posts US or A stylee

ahh but i do sell them, have been for bout 2/3 years now. mainly to the US, but germany and italy and of course the uk.

seems like some confusion!!!

when i asked if you still did them you said no!!!

if you can still sell them to LOC members then thats all good!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links