Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch Squeak

Greeny

got a new clutch in at xmas had a squeak, went back and he greased in the slave cylinder inspection bung

squeak went for a bit then came back so new thrust bearing put in but it still remains.

the only way to stop it is to slightly put preasure on the pedal,

one place sayes something about a dome on the end of slave cylinder being worn????????

any ideas before it drives me totally insane and i get to the jap north show with out a running car

help please

Ive got the same problem an I dont know what to do!!! first i thought it was a belt loose but then descoverd it had something to do with the clutch. Once a little pressure is applied the squeek stops.

Think it may just be me but the biting point of the clutch seems lower, jus "feels" different.

problems in past 2 weeks have been: coilpack replacement, ERR3, and squeeky clutch, oh an some **** has nicked the cover that sits in the roof rack channel, plus a plastic part that is where the widscreen meets the wing! I wud have been happier him nicking the strereo!!

Maybe its the clutch release bearing thats touching the pressure plate, the bearings are knackered & squeaking? mate at work has exactly the same problem with his IS200 SE.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
I have this too. Ive seen it mentioned here before and its commonly a pivot bar thats exposed under the car that links the pedal and the gearbox. Apparently can be greased with relative ease.

do you know where exactly this pivot bar is located?

yup get down in the footwell and where the nylon bush is for the pedal spray some white grease, or like product onto the pedal/bush

ive checked but i cant see what your talking about.. i only see a rod which connects to the clutch pedal? isit that your talking about? r isit underneath the vehicle?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links