Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there, my CD player has just started to display error code 3 when I try to load CD6. Has anyone ever had this and can anyone offer a simple solution. The RX300 is outside of warranty, and I still have 5 CDs to play with so I'm not keen on shelling out for a solution.

Thanks, Stu

I'm sure i've read somewhere on this forum that the warranty was increased to five years on the player because of the amount of problems that they had with them. A visit to a dealer as suggested might be a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

As an update to this.

I spoke with Lexus Twickenham and also Lexus customer services. Apparetnly this fault has not been reported before on RX300s, only on the IS series. The solution is to remove the unit and either send it away for repair or replacement. Customer services kindly offered a contribution of £450 to the cost of replacing the £1100 unit and all I would have to pay for is the £115 labour +VAT.

It seems quite a lot of money to pay out on a car that has only covered 27k miles and is only 4 years old. Also, it only effects the CD6 so far.

I am a bit dissapointed that I cannot go the the marke and buy an after market CD player, from reputable brands such as Clarion. Does anyone know whether this is possible at all?

£1100?! Even with £450 cont that's still a lot of money not inc fitting. Not sure Lexus has realised but my 4 yr old RX300 is now only worth about £15k not sure the stereo is worth 8% of the entire value of the car. Think they need to work on reducing their 3yr + service and parts costs either that or try and help reduce the depreciation as less and less people will take their cars to main dealers at those costs.

Valkirk,

I know. It's a joke. I'm happy to live with the missing disc but it just goes to show you how there are fewer and fewer reasons to use Lexus for maintenance once the car is outside of warranty. I will take my car to Crown Classic Cars in Twickenham from now on. They replaced the brakes for me and I was so impressed I have decided to take it outside of the Lexus history from now on. Makes no difference to the market values now at the prices you quote.

Hi there, my CD player has just started to display error code 3 when I try to load CD6. Has anyone ever had this and can anyone offer a simple solution. The RX300 is outside of warranty, and I still have 5 CDs to play with so I'm not keen on shelling out for a solution.

Thanks, Stu

I am sure I had this on my RX when it was delivered - from memory they told me they just reset processor by powering down at the fuse - no problems after that

May be worth a try before they cash in

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links