Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some Bits

Hello all,

Just picked the car up from the lexus garage after my cambelt change and a few things where noted that need sorting.

Air con filter needs replacing, i will do this myself but where is the best place to get one and how much roughly?

My wipers are split so need new blades, 2 new front tyres which i knew anyway. My auxillary belts are cracking but are ok for now, where can you get these from and roughly how much?

My rear discs and pads will need changing soon also, so i will probably get these of eBay again as the mintex ones on the front have been fine.

Thanks for any help

Air con/pollen filter- £15.

Wipers- assuming you have OEM wipers fitted (not aftermarket ones, eg: Bosch etc) you can buy the wiper rubbers (refills) for £5 each.

Aux belts- these cost from £15-£25 each (can't remember exactly as the reciepts for these parts are in the car atm).

I purchased the same parts you need from Lexus back in April, prices above exclude VAT.

Re: rear disks and pads. Get these from eBay, also I recommend you have the handbrake shoes replaced as well, since the rear braking system is going to be stripped down.

The parts you need will not cost much from Lexus, but may available, cheaper, from an independant motor factor. If you need wipers anyway, it is worth spending a litle more (£20ish) on some better ones, (aero style, or silicone coated). Will improve visability in the wet and at high speed, and therefor improve safety.

EDIT: Blades mentioned above ebay link are only £11.68, delivered. Think i'll order myself a set!

I have got the PIAA wipers at the minute and they have been brilliant for the last year but i dont really want to spend a huge amount on them, will have a look at these blades on eBay thanks guys.

@Parthiban - my cambelt change cost £220 from lexus leicester, with the free visual check, valet. Was brilliant service and they have done a good job.

If you're used to the PIAA wipers, I would at least get some more of them, as the standard replacement ones will not be as good!

I have now ordered a set as memtioned earlier. Should receive monday. Will post my opinion of them when they arrive. Good price though.

@Parthiban - my cambelt change cost £220 from lexus leicester, with the free visual check, valet. Was brilliant service and they have done a good job.

Oh did you just have the cambelt done? I had the full 6 year major service which included the cambelt change so cost £695.........probably still a bit high but I've come to expect that London dealers cost more than others (although Woodford is pretty reasonable compared to some others)

You want skyhigh prices try Lexus Canterbury. I've stopped using them as they always charge 20%+ over every other lexus places. They wanted like £260 for a cambelt change, and this may not include the tensioners and idler or VAT, i never found out in the end because they didn't even bothered to phone back to me. When i had the 60k service and caliper done the first time at lexus Canterbury in the region of £1200 they didn't even give the car a valet or give me a courtesy car for the 16 mile journey home and to work the following day. This has already put my mind set that my local lexus is no better than the average Kwit fit garage and alot more expensive.

You want skyhigh prices try Lexus Canterbury. I've stopped using them as they always charge 20%+ over every other lexus places. They wanted like £260 for a cambelt change, and this may not include the tensioners and idler or VAT, i never found out in the end because they didn't even bothered to phone back to me. When i had the 60k service and caliper done the first time at lexus Canterbury in the region of £1200 they didn't even give the car a valet or give me a courtesy car for the 16 mile journey home and to work the following day. This has already put my mind set that my local lexus is no better than the average Kwit fit garage and alot more expensive.

no offence if i was payin £1200 i would of not left the car with them without a courtesy car!! I would not have picked it up wothout it being valeted and had a nice bow wrapped round it!

When i had the 60k service and caliper done the first time at lexus Canterbury in the region of £1200 they didn't even give the car a valet or give me a courtesy car for the 16 mile journey home and to work the following day.

Eh? So what I just paid £695 for, you were charged £1200 for? Blimey, sounds like a horrible dealership, perhaps London dealers aren't quite so expensive then :)

The £1200 includes fitting of a new brake caliper. The caliper was £282+£180 for fitting (not including VAT), so basically they charged me around £738+VAT (without changing the pollen filter because i hardly ever use the AC) for a 60k mile service. Like i said before, they always charge more than other dealers. They even charged me £10 to lubricate the driver seat because i said there was a constant sqeeking noise from the seating area, found it was still sqeeking after the service and it was the seat belt buckle on the left hand side of the drivers seat, quick spray with the old WD40 and problem solved. lol

for the wipers i'd really reccommend upgrading to aero (bmw) style wipers, look cooler and work so much better. have a look on ebay for seller xenons.biz you get 2 sets for £14 i think.

The wiper blade sizes on eBay seller xenos.biz don't seem right to me. They are selling wipers for the IS200 with the drivers side 21" and the passengers 22". I thought one of the blades was a 19" ?

for the wipers i'd really reccommend upgrading to aero (bmw) style wipers, look cooler and work so much better. have a look on ebay for seller xenons.biz you get 2 sets for £14 i think.

The wiper blade sizes on eBay seller xenos.biz don't seem right to me. They are selling wipers for the IS200 with the drivers side 21" and the passengers 22". I thought one of the blades was a 19" ?

they sent me the correct size, one is 21" and one is 19"

there a really nice looking good qulaity wiper from zenons.biz, and price wise its pennies tbh, less than you'd pay for normal set from halfrauds

The parts you need will not cost much from Lexus, but may available, cheaper, from an independant motor factor. If you need wipers anyway, it is worth spending a litle more (£20ish) on some better ones, (aero style, or silicone coated). Will improve visability in the wet and at high speed, and therefor improve safety.

EDIT: Blades mentioned above ebay link are only £11.68, delivered. Think i'll order myself a set!

I had these on my last cat BMW, then just put a set on my Lexus on Friday, they are the BIZ !!!

they sent me the correct size, one is 21" and one is 19"

there a really nice looking good qulaity wiper from zenons.biz, and price wise its pennies tbh, less than you'd pay for normal set from halfrauds

Try this 260268036929 on eBay, i bought a set last week and they are spot on, thats the second car ive used them on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links