Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Few Questions Before I Supercharge!

I was just wondering if anyone kows if you can get head spacers for the lex, and if this will make much difference in performance with the charger.

I was told it might make some difference in performance and allow me to run more boost on standard internals, but was unsure? Just wondering if any of you have done it or looked into it?

When the charger is fitted i will be running it on 99 octane, is it best to get the car re-mapped to run on this? i ask cos my mates Evo was mapped on Vpower and seems to run sluggish when on 95??

Last of all, I believe the VVTi kicks in about 4000rpm? Can it be mapped to come in lower? eg 3000 rpm. Would there be any benifical performance gains by doing it?

Cheers for any help, or just let me know if im making myself look stupid :lol:

Tom.

I was just wondering if anyone kows if you can get head spacers for the lex, and if this will make much difference in performance with the charger.

I was told it might make some difference in performance and allow me to run more boost on standard internals, but was unsure? Just wondering if any of you have done it or looked into it?

When the charger is fitted i will be running it on 99 octane, is it best to get the car re-mapped to run on this? i ask cos my mates Evo was mapped on Vpower and seems to run sluggish when on 95??

Last of all, I believe the VVTi kicks in about 4000rpm? Can it be mapped to come in lower? eg 3000 rpm. Would there be any benifical performance gains by doing it?

Cheers for any help, or just let me know if im making myself look stupid :lol:

Tom.

1) Whoever told you about head spacers is pulling your plonker

2) 98 is fine

3) you cant remap the OEM ECU

4) a camcon can alter when the vvti kicks in but not sure its really worth the £££

Head spacers i have no idea about.

You can run on any petrol though i always use v power, and your ecu will learn it if you use a higher RON.

In order to remap if for a higher octane you'd need at least a piggyback ecu like the emanage or something and this isnt need with the standard charger setup.

And as Prolex says you can get a CAMCON but £ to BHP there not really worth it.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links