Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Con Man Alert! Won £600,000 On Uk Lottery

Anees

Hi guys,

A friend of mine in Japan got the following email.

Dear xxxxx xxxxxx,

Thanks for your e-mail the board of directors of the UK National Lottery Inc London has acknowledge the receipt of your e-mail dated 9th August day 2008 regarding the transfer of your won prize into your nominated bank account..

We are clear with your dataʼs and informationʼs about the transfer of your won prize our Security Finance Firm in Indonesia would contact you as soon as possible because they are in charge of fund transfer.

Never the less we are to hint you on the procedures which you must comply too before the transfer of your won prize would be made you are to pay for the non deducible fee for the cost of transfer of your won prize of Six Hundred Thousand Pounds starlings.

The requested amount is $1500Usd {One Thousand Five Dollars } to Enable our Security Finance Firm acquire all the necessary documentation on your behalf for the immediate release of your won prize.

The requested amount would be paid to the Security Company in Indonesia across Security Finance Firm the would use this money to pay for your approval letter from the World Bank in Swiss land.

You can also contact our Asian payment center through this e-mail address asfi@ubbi.com

Note: try to make sure you comply with them and the terms of agreement to enable them process your won prize and kindly bear it in mind that the requested amount of money required from you is not deductible from your won prize.

Find blow a copy of your winners certificate as mark of prove that you are the stated winner of the lottery Inc London. Your won prize has been converted into United States which make it One Million two hundred thousand dollars in cash will be transferred into your account.

Make sure you donʼt disclose this lottery information to any one to avoid double calming of your won prize.

Best Regards

James Flow

+ 447031812506

OBVIOUSLY Nigerian Scamster. My friend, English is not his first language so he got taken in by it and thought it was genuine - he has never even entered the UK National Lottery! :lol: I could tell straight away its a scam. As a joke I rang the number in the email and it was the scamster. I tried to play along and said why can't he send me a cheque etc...

Is their anything we can do to the number to stop it working or to just be a pain?

600 thousand pounds of starlings...that's a lot of birds ....I guess they weigh about 1/2 pound each - not sure what I'd do with 1.2 million starlings - also does It include delivery? ;-)

Hi guys,

+ 447031812506

OBVIOUSLY Nigerian Scamster. My friend, English is not his first language so he got taken in by it and thought it was genuine - he has never even entered the UK National Lottery! :lol: I could tell straight away its a scam. As a joke I rang the number in the email and it was the scamster. I tried to play along and said why can't he send me a cheque etc...

Is their anything we can do to the number to stop it working or to just be a pain?

DON'T call that number. It is exactly the same as calling the 09 Premium rate numbers. 070 is the latest derivative and is designed to look as if it is a normal mobile number. The +4470 replaces the 070 for international callers.....i.e. calling UK from Japan. The scammers are using a UK number.

"$1500Usd {One Thousand Five Dollars }", wow, $495 usd gone just like that in the same sentance lol. Almost as bad as my paypal dispute lol. See alot of this on eBay, mostly their claim is that they are a doctor visiting UK and would like you to send their kid the item to no mans land. If people fall for this kind of thing than they deserved to lose their money lol. And yes never phone the number they provide cos it will almost definitely be a premium line. I think scams will get to the point where even if you are hand cuffed in the back of a police car with 4 policeman and 3 police cars flashing the blues and twos, you would still not believed they are the real police and demand more proof lol.

Hi guys,

+ 447031812506

DON'T call that number. It is exactly the same as calling the 09 Premium rate numbers. 070 is the latest derivative and is designed to look as if it is a normal mobile number. The +4470 replaces the 070 for international callers.....i.e. calling UK from Japan. The scammers are using a UK number.

That's not stricly true, it's a lot cheaper than 09 numbers. According to the Virgin tarrifs (I have a landline from them at home) it's 26p a minute to call 07031 8xxxxx numbers, so not too terrifying. The main point is that it looks like a pukka UK number when it can redirect anywhere in the world without costing the recipient anything to receive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links