Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Attach Body Kit To Is250

samuaw

Right... okies... no introduction needed... I own a IS250 SE-L (Yay) and i am about to/ thinking of bodykitting it with the factory body kit (not from the UK of course)

The questions is rather quick... How is the spoiler attached? is it with screws or just using.... tape....

And how is the front lip attached on? can it be done without the removal of the front bumper?

Thats about it, not putting on the side skirts because they have no difference in look, same story as the rear bumper.

Thanks in advance guys!

The lip spoiler is attached with three studs and nuts so you have to drill your bootlid...3M type adhesive tape is additionally used to keep the gaps nice and tight.

The front spoiler can be fitted without removing the front bumper totally but you have to free it from the bottom fasteners. The front spoiler replaces the lower section of the front bumper, and you have to drill to put four slots in the front bumper to take the front spoiler which is held on with plastic clips and additionally the adhesive tape.

Both the front and boot lip spoiler come with full fitting instructions and paper templates to position the drilled holes and slots, but if you want to look at them before you buy go to http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/import/pd...08154-53830.pdf for the front spoiler and http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/import/pd...08150-53850.pdf for the boot spoiler.

I fitted mine with no problems, although you'll need ramps or some other means of raising the front of the car. Also thought the rear wasn't worth the bother, but I did switch the sides for the slighter wider GFX ones, no drilling required for those.

holy crap!!!, it takes that much effort??

I thought the spoiler was just attached with tape, and the front lip slipped into place with a couple of clips securing it or something!

i am handy but this is a new type of handy... Esp with drilling holes on the bumper and boot lid in very open area...

Hmmm need to think about it now... esp when i am not buying my bodykit from the dealer. all on eBay.....

And they claimed the spoiler is attached on just with tape or something... Oh no for me then :(

I thought the spoiler was just attached with tape, and the front lip slipped into place with a couple of clips securing it or something!

i am handy but this is a new type of handy... Esp with drilling holes on the bumper and boot lid in very open area...

Hmmm need to think about it now... esp when i am not buying my bodykit from the dealer. all on Ebay.....

And they claimed the spoiler is attached on just with tape or something... Oh no for me then :(

You could possibly use just tape for the boot lip spoiler but it would probably start to lift without the security of bolting...you'd also feel a bit foolish if it partially detached whilst on the motorway and started flapping around in the breeze. :D

Have you thought about asking your dealer to fit it once you've got it? I doubt it would cost that much and that way you have security against screwing it up!

Notice you're in London, which dealer do you use?

@Tango: Why was the rear not worth the bother? Is it hard to fit? Saw a kitted IS in the dealers the other day and thought the rear was the nicest part of the kit, finished it off nicely :D

@Tango: Why was the rear not worth the bother? Is it hard to fit? Saw a kitted IS in the dealers the other day and thought the rear was the nicest part of the kit, finished it off nicely :D

All the OEM GFX kit is very subtle e.g. you'd only know the side skirts are slightly wider than the originals if you could compare a car with and one without side by side. The rear lip is the same, hardly different at all, but it is a major hassle to fit especially if you have parking sensors, as it involves removing the whole rear bumper. http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/import/pd...08158-53830.pdf

Put it this way, I don't notice I haven't got it even with all the rest of the GFX kit fitted.

Hmmm need to think about it now... esp when i am not buying my bodykit from the dealer. all on Ebay.....

When I first originally ordered the IS250, I want something to set it apart from (most of which were currently on the road back in 2006/56)

I imported the original rear lip spoiler from Sewell Lexus, handed it over to Lexus Leicester to fit.. @ £100.

Most likely they got a third company to fit it, however I want it all fitted in time for delivery (1st Sept)

As long as its original parts should be a problem.

Fit it once and fit it right.

Do you have a pic of the rear view of the car with just the rear spoiler fitted?

I really like the look of the rear spoiler and rear valance on the SR loaner I have today, and am wondering about getting the rear spoiler for mine. I think the rear valance looks good too- the line breaks up the rather heavy looking bumper. I have the park distance control though, and it sounds like a hassle to fit...

my Lexus dealer is doing the full GFX kit inc boot lid spoiler and fitting for £1999, which i think inc a set of 18" wheel ( need to confirm on this )...but i will only get the front lip spoiler, and get the side skirts and boot spoiler somewhere else as i find the GFX side skirts and boot lid spoiler not mean enough for my taste... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Have you thought about asking your dealer to fit it once you've got it? I doubt it would cost that much and that way you have security against screwing it up!

Notice you're in London, which dealer do you use?

I go to the Lexus in colindale/ edgware road. They are moving to a bigger showrom today infact. Really nice... only problem is lexus only has a few cars in it's line up and the show room is huge!

Just bought the Is250 2 or 3 weeks ago so i am a bit new to all this. (unfortunately not brand new)

Oh man.. i thought i had this body kit thing figured out... it is just i don't want to pay dealer prices for the kit itself, and then fitting it. which will cost a bomb...

Any other cheap options?.. I should have gone to get the spoiler in America when i was over there for my holiday (like Tango did). but that was before i got my car and i didn't know!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links