Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Usual Insurance Hit For Different Alloys

My insurance broker is phoning the insurer in the morning to find out if they'll insure my new alloys and how much extra it's going to cost me. :unsure: :o

What's the usual increase? Are most insurers happy about insuring this minor mod? (Does anyone know if Equity Red Star are?)

No such thing as usual with Insurance companies!!

I have known companies that sting for about £100 for aftermarket wheels or even refuse cover - as it makes the car more desirable to scumbags...... even though most aftermarket wheels are cheaper than the stock items ... and then some charge either nothing or a basic admin fee - say £30.

Hopefully they will be sensible.

i'm gonna ring my insurance company up this week and tell them about mine.. let you know how much they sting me tooooo :crybaby::crybaby:

On the previous car (Civic VTi) i told the company about the insurance company about New Body Kit, PowerFlow Exhaust, K&N Induction Kit, and the Lowering of the Car, it cost me and extra £20.. yep and amazing £20... :o :o

But that was a Civic.. and this is a ..... :unsure::unsure:

Hmm. Equity Red Star have decided that there's no premium increase for the new alloys for the 3 months until renewal :) BUT they've put the Fire & Theft excess up from £250 to £350. :arrrggg-matey: The wheels are worth about £400 so if they're stolen there's no a lot of point being insured. :angry:

Oh well at least it's not costing me any more and they're not refusing cover.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links