Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Home Made Induction Kit

coolrides

DSC00275.jpg

i made this induction kit fo £85 pound using eBay and some basic engineering methods like making brackets to support the kit. silicone elbows from china off eBay. only thing i did in work edm burned a hole for the sensor purley for a better finish than trying to drill free hand.

then sold it on eBay for 100 pound. if i had of ordered stuff in batches i could have prob made it for 50 or 60. looks not bad for the cost. but in end i replaced it with a k&n panel filter as was told it the better option for the standard car

all that induction kit was doing is heating up the hot engine bay air and feeding it in to the cylinders....reducing performance

yea i no, had thought about making a shield around it with a cold air feed into it but ended up selling it.

isnt this the same design as the induction kits you buy for the is200? do they soak up the heat too?

i thought about doing the same thing and getting the parts seperate and making my own kit.

i could probably score some free tubing from work too so would be pretty cheap.

isnt this the same design as the induction kits you buy for the is200? do they soak up the heat too?

Yup.

Unless you block off the engine bay from the intake, any/all kits will be having a negative effect on performance.

I Have the Prolex induction kit that i have had carbon wrapped, i have also now made a custom carbon part at the end that mostly encloses it off, also will soon have a direct cold air feed to it!!!! :shifty: Pictures coming shortly :shifty:

I Have the Prolex induction kit that i have had carbon wrapped, i have also now made a custom carbon part at the end that mostly encloses it off, also will soon have a direct cold air feed to it!!!! :shifty: Pictures coming shortly :shifty:

sweet sounds nice. get some pics on.

sweet sounds nice. get some pics on.

Not just yet as the ducting is not finished :shifty:

is the prolex one loud or subtle,im thinking of getting one

Prolex one is pretty good, routes round the front of the engine not over the exhaust area. Don't notice much more noise as mine has a hks backbox and that makes most the noise! however at about 5000rpm she makes a right racket, sounds great!!!!! :P

Jason :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links