Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Mm Manual Fuel Consumption Very Low

I own a manual IS 250 se MM.

The fuel consumption is really poor, it seems to cost me around £70 for a full tank and I never manage to get more than 260 miles out.

The two figures reading for consumption on the dashboard have never read above 22 mpg. I have been told by lexus that this is normal, but I feel that I am being fobbed off. :crybaby:

I do a mix of driving, 50% motorway, 50% in town.

Any suggestions or do other manual drivers have similar consumption figures.

I also have a 250 auto and am getting around 27-28mpg but mine are mostly short runs (10-12miles) on country roads (quite alot of braking/acceleration) from a cold start

As soon as I start to do longer runs on A roads at constant speed the mpg goes up to 30+

I have a IS250 SE Auto get around 375-390miles per tank (May I add once 400!!) lol.

I always check my tyre pressure atleast once a week. Also previously between my 10k services and 20k services I noticed per tank I only ever got around 340-350miles and this was only because of the tyre pressure!.

Guys - you are all misleading the poster - the AUTO is more economical - people with a Manual should post and not confuse the issue.

For what it's worth, I have driven 3 Manual 250's, and in town NONE bettered 22MPG. On the first test drive, we completed 32 miles in a car with 250 miles on the clock, a good mix of Dual Carriageway and town driving. The trip was reset at the start, but showed 24.4 when we got back, and I was not hammering it at all (In fact I tend not on a test drive as that is not how you drive normally...else I end up concerntrating too much on speed in an unfamiliar car rather than the car itself...)

So your 22 MPG, even with 50/50 isn't that far of. The town driving you do, if it's in London is likely to be cold engined stop start...o that will hurt the economy regardless.

It's in line with what the book states...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links